Talk

Advanced search

Any coincidence between having Braxton Hicks and a quick labour?

(10 Posts)
BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sun 21-Oct-12 22:01:18

Just that really.

Had no bh with two previous pregnancies.

Getting lots of bh, regularly and quite strong this time.

I'm 38 + 4 now. Both labours previous were 26 and 38 hours long.

Bh mean a quicker labour??

ellangirl Sun 21-Oct-12 22:06:08

Difficult to quantify I should think. Apparently everyone gets bh but just doesn't notice. Having said that I had loads last time (and this time) from 14 weeks ish. First labour was 8 hours from start to finish. I'll let you know about the second grin

WhispersOfWickedness Sun 21-Oct-12 22:08:26

Not sure. I had loads with last pregnancy and labour was 2.5 hours! But I had quite a few with first pregnancy too and labour was 25 hours, so possibly just coincidence!

PoisonMountain Mon 22-Oct-12 10:20:01

Don't think there's a link. I had none that I noticed with DS, birth about 4.5 hrs. I had two with dd (I got all excited that I had bh!) and then real contractions started and she arrived 50 mins later.

MrsBungleBear Mon 22-Oct-12 10:25:07

I didn't notice any at all in first pregnancy. Labour was 52 hours.

Second pregnancy I had really strong ones very often from about 30 weeks. Second labour was 1 hour 54 minutes.

Might be a coincidence though!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Mon 22-Oct-12 10:37:06

How did you find the quick labour mrsBungle?

Did you prefer the long or short one?

PiggyMad Mon 22-Oct-12 22:18:07

I did have a few from about 18-20 weeks onwards, but they didn't ever get strong or 'noticeable' and I had a 5 hour first labour. So I'm not sure - it is probably quite personal and depends on your body.
Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery OP!

MrsBungleBear Tue 23-Oct-12 14:05:18

Boys My quick labour was about 5 million times better and easier than my long one!

Long one was more painful and exhausting whereas the short one was over in a flash and not nearly as painful.

Hope you get a nice short one this time!

Plunkett Tue 23-Oct-12 22:34:45

Lots of BH with ds - and 1 & 1/2 hour labour (although waters broke few hours before).
Now on pg 2 and having even more and stronger BH, so hoping no pattern - would at least like long enough to get to a hospital. smile

Chunkychicken Wed 24-Oct-12 08:55:22

I'm watching with interest... Currently 36wks with #2 and keep getting BH, not painful but fairly definite bump hardenings. I don't recall having any tightenings or pains with DD, and although it was 12hrs from show to baby, active labour was very quick (I went from 1cm dilated to 9cm & waters gone in maybe 2 or 3 hours, but can't say for certain, as wasn't in hospital between exams iyswim...) It would be interesting to see if 2nd labours are quicker! Thank goodness I'm hoping for a homebirth. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now