Talk

Advanced search

Advice needed, is this labour?

(9 Posts)
mom2rhysnruby Sun 21-Oct-12 18:11:21

Hi, baby no2 due in 5 days. 1st was induced by drip so not sure how spontaneous labour starts... Sorry for sounding thick!

Anway,
Havent had a show, no loss of waters.
All ive been experiencing are period pains lasting roughly 30-40 seconds and about ten mins apart since 4.30pm today. Ive suffered with back ache for a bout a week now and mild on/off cramping.

The pain isnt unbearable... Its enough to know somethings happening, when would be a good time to phone the hospital and get a few questions answered?

I know it sounds silly but because im unsure of natural labour i dont want to be a time waster??

Thanks x

EdsRedeemingQualities Sun 21-Oct-12 18:13:12

It could well be the beginning of labour.

You could ring up and tell them but they are likely to tell you to stay at home till they are a bit more frequent or your waters go, or something.

Good luck smile

iloveholidays Sun 21-Oct-12 20:52:21

Is your tummy going hard at the same time as the cramps? If so it could be labour.

If it makes you feel better give labour ward a call, I suspect they'll tell you to take some paracetamol and try and get some rest and go in when they get closer together but will probably put your mind at ease.

Good luck...

mom2rhysnruby Tue 23-Oct-12 10:34:19

Hi, just an update, the pains i had were labour pains, i got to the hospital at 12.30 and gave birth at 1am! Luckily got there in time, the midwives checked me at 12.30 and was 5cm dilated, didnt believe me when i said she was coming! Lol
Gave birth to a lovely baby girl called ruby grace, weighing 6lb14oz
Very quick birth, no pain relief ouch! Put it down to hypnobirthing keeping me relaxed during early stages. Xx

StarlightMcKenzie Tue 23-Oct-12 10:35:50

Yippeeee! Congratulations.

imustbepatient Tue 23-Oct-12 11:03:56

Wow congratulations! Sign me up for one of those births! (Am currently 40+2) grin

mom2rhysnruby Tue 23-Oct-12 12:00:51

Thank you :D
Goodluck for when ur baby decides to arrive, all the best x

ValiumQueen Tue 23-Oct-12 12:39:43

I would like to have one of them too please! Well done you! And congratulations!

iloveholidays Tue 23-Oct-12 12:47:16

Wow - congratulations! Enjoy Ruby Grace - gorgeous name.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now