Talk

Advanced search

Any recent experience of Barnet Hospital?

(7 Posts)
PseudoBadger Fri 19-Oct-12 11:44:49

Has anyone had their maternity care at Barnet recently?

PseudoBadger Fri 19-Oct-12 21:40:22

Bump

blonderthanred Sat 20-Oct-12 09:54:11

Hello, I am under their care but yet to give birth (although should be doing so in the next few days!)

I've found them to be excellent. I have honestly been blown away by the care I've received every time I've been. Maybe I had low expectations but I thought it would feel like a conveyor belt, however every mw and doctor I've seen has taken the time to speak to me as an individual, listen to any concerns and keep me fully informed.

Two things: I've seen a different dr/mw almost every appt - this hasn't bothered me although sometimes it would be nice. Also I was diagnosed with GD and for a few days it felt like there was a state of panic, with lots of HCPs, all the emphasis on lowering my blood sugar and no-one willing to answer my questions about the implications for the birth, which really worried me. However this was resolved and since then normal calm and caring service has returned.

Hopefully the birth will reflect this experience, I've no reason to believe otherwise.

Are you at the beginning of your pregnancy?

PseudoBadger Sat 20-Oct-12 10:31:03

Yes my second pregnancy. I had my first at the Whittington which was far away but I chose specifically for the birth centre. However I ended up having an emcs so never got to use it sad
So since I'll hopefully be having an elcs I thought I'd check out the local hospital. But it has a poor reputation so I'm glad to hear you're happy so far smile

milk Sun 21-Oct-12 10:09:17

Yes smile I thought they were great smile Very busy though.

blonderthanred Sun 21-Oct-12 10:59:14

I know they had some bad press a few years ago so I was prepared to move if necessary but I think they've put a lot of effort in since then and the staff are fantastic.

PseudoBadger Tue 23-Oct-12 21:48:50

Sorry I've only just seen your replies. I'll give them a go then, thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now