Talk

Advanced search

Tens machine hire

(7 Posts)
debbie1412 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:55:56

Hello ladies
I'm hiring a tens machine tonight. Im38+2 can anyone recommend a website and make I can use. Tips for using a tens and any relevant info. Or are they a waste of time completely. I really do not know nothing about them.
Thank you x

blonderthanred Thu 18-Oct-12 18:09:07

The Elle tens looks good although I haven't used one. You can often buy them on eBay for about £35.

When I saw the anaesthetist to be measured up for a potential epidural, he recommended I get one so I thought that was a pretty good recommendation!

ScreamyShriekyFrightyWoozyWooo Thu 18-Oct-12 18:10:45

I got mine from Boots. It was fantastic - I had no other pain relief.

tattychicken Thu 18-Oct-12 18:12:32

Another one for hiring from Boots. Fantastic. Got me through 3 labours with no other pain relief. Just practise beforehand, get it on early, and take spare batteries!

MoonHare Thu 18-Oct-12 19:46:13

I have just hired my 3rd tens from Boots. Great service and comparably priced.

Had I known how fantastic tens would be for me I would have bought one first time around and saved myself some £££!

I used no other pain relief last two times. It's so simple to use, it pulses at the strength you choose at regular intervals that you choose then when you have a contraction you press boost and it cranks up to constant. Very effective as a distraction plus is meant to stimulate your own hormonal pain surpressors.

Personally I cannot imagine how any woman copes with labour without a tens machine.

ScreamyShriekyFrightyWoozyWooo Thu 18-Oct-12 19:56:45

I didn't use one for my first labour, and it was so much more painful. I was begging for pethidine, and then an epidural (although obviously by that time it was too late for one!). Second time with the tens, it was a breeze! I really wish I'd had one the first time, could have saved a lot of trouble caused by the pethidine.

debbie1412 Thu 18-Oct-12 21:06:32

Brilliant thanks ladies, I've got 1 on order and extra batteries thank you I wouldn't of thought of them x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now