Talk

Advanced search

What the hell are these lumps?!

(10 Posts)
shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 18-Oct-12 14:30:43

So my baby is only 12 days old, I had a long labour and gave birth at home as planned. I had a third degree tear so had to go on to be stitched up. All good.

But NOW I'm in agony, everything was fine before. I have 8 pea sized lumps that have sprung up and are giving my grief sad.

I have 4 on my labia majora, 2 on each side, very symmetrical, near my perineum. The other 6 are on my labia minora, 3 on each side, again symmetrical, 4 on the top above my clitoris and 2 at the bottom near my vagina opening.

My MW says it looks like batholian cysts and the DR says it's a reaction to stitches. The Dr says it can't be a cyst as there are only 2 glands that could be blocked and that doesn't account for the 8 lumps. The MW says the DR is wrong as there are no stitches above my clitoris.

I just want to make the pain go away! Has anyone else had these? Or know how to stop the pain? Paracetamol and Ibro just aren't touching it. I've had salted baths for the last 5 days and dried off with a hairdryer. I've been walking around with no pants on to air the area. The ones that hurt are the ones near my premium on my left, especially when I walk or sit to feed the baby sad

Do you think it's from chafing?!

cyanarasamba Thu 18-Oct-12 14:37:04

No idea what they are but I had something very similar with my DS following a 24 hour labour and emergency c-section. Unexplained lumpy painful labia as I remember.

Doctor treated it as if it were a bartholins cyst/infection and gave me antibiotics. Took two lots to shift it. I thought it might be something to do with the pressure of labour or a reaction to something I might have been swabbed with?

Get thee back to the GP and hope it clears up soon so you can enjoy your new little one!

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Thu 18-Oct-12 19:16:00

Boo that noone knows, I was on antibiotics for the tear but I've taken them all now, I didn't notice these lumps while I was on anti biotics actually.

I've also jut noticed that one of the stitches hasn't dissolved sad

Really wish the story about the stork dropping off the babies was true!

griphook Thu 18-Oct-12 22:20:42

This is a real shot in the dark, but any chance they might be skin tags. I ended up with them after childbirth

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Fri 19-Oct-12 20:31:10

I don't think so? They literally are like pea sized lumps. Are skin tags flappy?

maxbear Sat 20-Oct-12 23:49:16

Try using different sanitary towels, you might be having a reaction of some sort to them. It can't be bartholins cysts as you would only have two and they would be at 4 and 8 o clock, it is unlikely to be stitches as you almost certainly wouldn't have them above your clitoris.

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Sun 21-Oct-12 22:45:28

max bear, good thinking, i will ditch them tomorrow and see what happens! Thanks.

fraktion Sun 21-Oct-12 22:47:03

I have heard of vulval piles in people who've had long pushing stages?

shouldIbecrossaboutthis Mon 22-Oct-12 12:59:07

I was pushing for 35 mins, is that long? I will have a look on Dr Google & get back to the gp tomorrow.

OneHandFlapping Mon 22-Oct-12 13:03:43

I had a worrying pea like lump after DS2 (VBAC) that the Dr reassured me was due to a stitch. It settled down into a skin tag that I can still feel if I poke around.

Hopefully yours will also turn out to be nothing too much. Go and get some GP reassurance - or get the midwife to have a look.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now