Talk

Advanced search

Crazy things you decide/hope/pretend are a symptom of imminent labour?

(16 Posts)
mistresspenguin Wed 17-Oct-12 12:31:39

I am a sensible person, generally, but at 38 weeks and some change, I seem to have metamorphosed into a labour-obsessed nitwit. I know what the actual signs of imminent labour are, being able to read the internet and already having one DC, but I can't seem to help myself thinking 'ooh, I wonder if this means...' etc and so on.
This week, my symptoms have included:

A stuffy nose with a bit of blood in it
My feet feeling 'funny' (not caused, as you might expect from the 5 miles of walking I did that day)
A mild headache that lasted about 5 minutes
Being quite tired

And no actual, real symptoms. Does anyone else do this, or am I, in fact, the nitwit I appear to be?

HelloBear Wed 17-Oct-12 15:04:31

No, not alone, I'm also a nitwit. My 'symptoms' of labour have included:

Spot on chin
Stitch after doing too much with DD
Weeing lots hmm
Argument with DH

HelloBear Wed 17-Oct-12 15:04:57

Also 38 weeks

sparklekitty Wed 17-Oct-12 19:42:23

I was exactly the same before my dd arrived. From about 34 weeks (I had some mild bleeding) I found 'symptoms' all one the place. Ironically the one night dh came home and asked if I'd had any signs to which I said no was the night my waters went!

weezl74 Wed 17-Oct-12 20:12:00

Excellent thread smile

39+2.

Symptom spotting:

Any bowel movement from stubborn to loose
Any mood from euphoric to downright despair
Almost any sensation in bump, back or pelvis
Regular inspection of pants and deciding the contents are highly significant
Headache
My snoring getting worse

I could go on!

AbbyRue Thu 18-Oct-12 08:51:29

This is me too, I'm really losing it now! 39 weeks today. Any twinge and I get do excited, was so convinced I was in labour last Friday.

Symptoms have included:

Being emotional hmm
Period pain cramp like - such that I didn't want to move in case I stopped "my labour"
Hunger at weird times hmm

This is DC3 so I should know better really blush

grin yes, Im the same.

Tmi alert. I am getting dreadful pain from trapped wind. Everytime it happens I think "oh, is this a contraction" but really I just need to fart blush

Queenofsiburbia Thu 18-Oct-12 08:56:27

The stomach bug I just had. Shockingly ill & when DH said it can't be a bug / food as noone else has been ill, I re

Queenofsiburbia Thu 18-Oct-12 08:58:53

Grr, fat pregnant fingers!

... I replied, but you only get ill in first trimester! Then we looked at each other, remembered the last NCT class about signs of labour, and completely panicked!
I'm 33 weeks btw, hence the panic.

Anyway, it was just a bug blush

mistresspenguin Thu 18-Oct-12 18:11:40

Excellent, I'm not alone!

Today it was waking up with pins and needles in my fingers.

And I think imagining symptoms of labour is probably a symptom of labour. Must be.

AnitaBlake Sat 20-Oct-12 06:54:13

Domestic, I have the same thing with the farts! Its my second baby but I've never done anything near labour before and even needing a wee is starting to feel like a symptom!

Addictedtolollies Sat 20-Oct-12 08:20:59

I'm with you on the wind and BM's! It's so discouraging after feeling a bit of pain which you make yourself believe 'is this it'?? Then... Poooof! Lol

Iv been having every symptom under the sun with 10 days to go. Had my first intense pains yesterday (grand sum of 2) with no wind/BM.. Couldn't believe it lol. Had this feeling all week to stay close to home.

But today I have to venture to the other side of town as mum thought to cheer me up she would treat me to a hair colour and cut grin) it'll be my luck that my waters will break in the hairdressers.. Woke up with cramping in my back and tummy lol and choosing to ignore it!

Addictedtolollies Sat 20-Oct-12 08:29:01

Oh and my crazy symptoms are as follows:

Stabbing pain in nipples
Roasting hot bump
Heartburn out of nowhere regular as clockwork at 11pm for past 3 nights
(never had this throughout entire pregnancy)

itsallinmyhead Sat 03-Nov-12 03:39:47

I had to join in because, I too, am looking for signs of labour everywhere.

I've been suffering with SPD since very early on & I'm just ready for my DS now, so I'm obsessing over every niggle. My list includes, but is not restricted to:

Feeling nauseous without being sick.
Loose stools.
'New niggling abdominal pains'.
Just 'feeling' like labour will be coming any minute now.
A very heavy pressure inside (around pubis).

The list goes on...I'm so glad I'm not alone!

DP said he's sick of hearing the word labour grin

Good luck, all, when the time actually chimes.

itsallinmyhead Sat 03-Nov-12 03:40:48

*sp comes!

ellesabe Mon 05-Nov-12 15:54:25

I woke up with a scratch on my forehead and was convinced it was a sign hmm

Interestingly though, contractions have started this afternoon so maybe there was something to it grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now