Talk

Advanced search

Feel so stupid ...

(8 Posts)
mom2rhysnruby Mon 15-Oct-12 13:44:08

2nd baby due in 11 days. Was induced at 39+5 with my 1st child so dont know what its like going into spontaneous natural labour. Im so fed up all i do is cry lately, 18 out of 24 months ive spent pregnant & its taking its toll sad

Can people describe there experiences? Especially from 'knowing' you was in labour? Like, how did u know that was it!?

Ive been having very bad backache for the last 2 days, feels almost like a pulsing just above my sciatic nerves but in the middle, the pain spreads all up my back to just beneath my ribcage...
Ive had period pain 'surges' but nothing regular, just comin and going,
Havent had a show yet or waters.

Thanks x

cbeebiesatemybrain Mon 15-Oct-12 13:49:52

Don't feel bad, I went into labour naturally with dc1 and was still clueless the second time! I had loads of twinges and crampy pains before anything really happened but I knew it was definitely the real thing when I had to stop and lean over the sofa to breathe through a contraction.

I can totally relate to the feeling miserable too, I was hell to live with. Late pregnancy is awful but the end is in sight! Good luck grin

ValiumQueen Mon 15-Oct-12 13:59:14

You are not stupid. You are heavily pregnant and full of hormones. It is natural to not know you are in labour until you are properly in labour and cannot talk through contractions. It sounds as if things are limbering up this time, but it may settle, may progress. Only time will tell. Good luck and have a good break until you go for another baby! I am 38 weeks so feel your pain. Literally.

mom2rhysnruby Mon 15-Oct-12 14:06:06

No more for me ! Lol never again, awful pregnancy, but one boy & one girl so im over the moon smile

Ive been having BH but when the tightenings happen it becomes painful, also feel aching in my groin. I know im bound to feel achey at this stage, i just want the pains to progress instead of teasing me sad lol x

cbeebiesatemybrain Mon 15-Oct-12 14:09:00

I forgot to say, although it was infuriating at the time having lots of little niggles and backaches that didn't progress something must have been happening because my whole labour was just 2 1/2 hours! smile

CagneyNLacey Mon 15-Oct-12 14:21:30

Ah, poor you op. I know how you feel. I got pregnant 6 months after having my first and towards the end I cried every day and was physically ruined with exhaustion and spd. I was also induced 2 weeks after due date with first and went 2 weeks over with 2nd too. I spent the entire last 3 weeks before I had him looking for signs of imminent labour and worried about how I'd know as had been induced first time round. I went into actual labour a few hours before being induced and I knew without a doubt 'this was it'; the pain was very sharp and not like anything I had experienced before but everyone has a different experience.

Have a hot choc and watch some crap telly is my advice. Hope you're feeling better soon.

CagneyNLacey Mon 15-Oct-12 14:24:15

Yes, thats true for me too, now I think about it. I had niggles and aches for about a week before hand then suddenly BAM! 3 hour labour and it was all over and I was home the next day.

BAM! (sending hopeful bam! thoughts your way!)

mom2rhysnruby Mon 15-Oct-12 14:25:56

Thanx huni
Its so nice someone understands! I find lots of help on here smile
Im hoping i go before inducing stage cause i hated it so much!
All i can do is sit down, a little demanding 15 month old makes me exhausted lol. Cant wait to not be pregnant or recovering with stitches! Ouch x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now