Talk

Advanced search

Labour/childbirth playlist

(4 Posts)
MayimBialik Mon 15-Oct-12 10:36:11

I want to put together a playlist for when I'm in labour. Anyone got any suggestions for times I can put on it? I've never given birth before so don't know whether I'm going to want chilled out or a bit more upbeat. Is it a bit like when you go for a run and you're flagging but then an upbeat song comes on and it gives you a boost?

Anyway, any suggestions greatly received - maybe we could come up with a Mumsnet Birthing playlist!

allchik Mon 15-Oct-12 12:17:12

Hi, I am defo going to have Florence and The Machine Ceremonials on my ipod.....its upbeat, almost chant like and I just love it! Think classical music would do my head in.....want something powerful sounding that I can sing along to in my head!!!! Youtube some of the tracks and see what you think xxx

glendathegoodwitch Mon 15-Oct-12 12:59:25

i had my dd to jose gonzales heartbeat and it still makes me go all gooey when i hear it, this time ive got a playlist with dido, snow patrol, tracy chapman, sigur ros, adele, morcheeba, bjork, cranberries, mumford and sons, radio 1 live lounge and massive attack.

Just go with music that you like - although you may end up like I did either wanting to throw the ipod against the wall or not even hearing the music in labour because you're too engrossed in what's going on.

I think whatever song is playing when you give birth will remain special, mine wasn't even on my play list but on the radio in the operating theatre, I still smile when I hear it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now