Talk

Advanced search

Tell me your cutesy, first cuddle stories

(23 Posts)
Pickles101 Sun 14-Oct-12 15:28:31

I didn't get to meet DD properly for a little while after her birth (almost 13 weeks ago! Where did it go!?) and I've been having a sulk feeling nosey about other people's meeting-their-baby-stories.

She was an emergency C-sec and by the time I got my cuddle she'd already had some milk, finished crying and nodded off, I find this very rude of her and she hasn't been as sweet as this since.

Please share your overly cutesy first cuddle stories (about how you gazed into your tiny babies eyes, they gazed back, and then you squirted milk everywhere) to soothe my broody & nosey self. Not-so-twee stories also welcome.

grin

Pickles101 Sun 14-Oct-12 15:35:00

(Also just realised this may be in totally the wrong sub-forum. If anyone with powers that be feels it's in the wrong place, I am very sorry for being a nuisance and please feel free to move it to the proper place)

ImPeppaPigOink Sun 14-Oct-12 16:05:11

When I had DD. We never knew DD was a girl.

So when the MW delivered her DD decided to throw her legs open so we all could see we had a DD.

Once I got hold of DD, she started screaming thanks and never stopped until DP held her. It wasn't the cute newborn cuddle I thought I would get but DP got the best cuddle off her, she just snuggled in and stared up to her dad. We have a lovely photo of father and daughter having eye contact when DD was 10mins old. (I was feeling very faint off the loss of blood so I passed DD over quicker then I wanted)

ImPeppaPigOink Sun 14-Oct-12 16:05:42

never knew if DD was a girl or a boy.

1944girl Sun 14-Oct-12 18:18:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mathanxiety Sun 14-Oct-12 18:24:49

All but DD3 seemed pretty happy to be there in my arms. DS wasn't given to me immediately as he needed a little resuscitation and they weighed him twice just to be sure he was 9lbs 4ozs as his predicted weight had been a whole pound lower. DD3 glared at me -- there is no other word for her expression -- but I loved her anyway smile.

elliejjtiny Mon 15-Oct-12 12:21:03

I have a photo of mine and DS2's first cuddle on my profile. With DS1 I was just in awe about how I had pushed out something so massive out of a hole so small. I was exclaiming how new he was, how I'd never held a baby that new before. I marvelled at the cord still attatched and pulsating, then he kicked it, ouch. The midwives kept asking me if I wanted to get out of the pool and I kept saying no. Then I handed him to DH and he pooed meconium everywhere grin.

javotte Mon 15-Oct-12 17:46:00

DS peed on the MW when she lifted him. smile
Then she put him on my stomach and he crawled to my breast and started feeding all by himself.

openerofjars Mon 15-Oct-12 17:53:58

I had DD in a pool and had to kind of step over the cord to able to hold her due to a funny birthing position and a leg that had gone to sleep! Then I just held her in the water in a soaking wet towel to keep her warm. She seemed a bit pissed off at first but cheered up after a bit and has generally been calm and beatific ever since.

Badgerina Tue 16-Oct-12 17:32:53

DS1 - I lifted him out of the water, onto my tummy and he whimpered a bit and gazed at me. I felt totally overwhelmed and wobbly and a bit shakey. He latched on and started feeding in minutes grin I have to say that he felt a little bit alien to me blush I didn't have that instant rush of love, it came later.

DS2 - The obstetrician plopped him on my stomach briefly before scooping him up and off to resus him sad Only took a few seconds though, then he was wrapped up and given to DH whilst I had my tear stitched up. We just STARED into eachother's eyes and I FELL IN LOVE IN A HUGE WAY. After that, we were on the recovery ward and we had lots of skin to skin time and some snuffly cuddles and feeds. It was utter BLISS.

Knittingnovice Tue 16-Oct-12 17:39:28

Dd was delivered onto my tummy and crawled up and latched on. It was awesome.
Ds was cleaned and wrapped first and just took a huge mouthful of boob again incredible (at 2am)

Looking forward to doing it all again in 27 weeks time!!

aimingtobeaperfectionist Tue 16-Oct-12 22:24:50

Ooh, these are all lovely! I remember seeing DD's head appear and kept saying 'it's a head! It's a head!' to DP blush. Then she plopped out and laid there all purple and frowning, they gave her a little rub and laid her on my belly. I kept stroking her- her skin was so soft- and just had a little weep grin. I have literally never been happier. She never made a peep, just frowned at me. My favourite pic is her frowning at me and me with a manic grin on my face!

Pudgy2011 Wed 17-Oct-12 22:39:22

DS1 shot out, was placed straight onto my chest and screamed bloody murder until he found my boob. My first thought was "the kid doesn't look anything like me" and the second thought was "I think my heart is about to burst with love". It's been like that ever since and he's a year old now.

I can't wait to do it all over again in a year or two!

Gusthetheatrecat Thu 18-Oct-12 10:22:09

I thought my memories of first cuddles were all hazy, but this thread has reminded me that when my oldest was born, she was put on my chest whilst I was in a bit of a daze, I think saying, "Hello....hello little one... hello.."
Then I looked at her. She looked at me. I looked at her, and she gave me a look and made a little sucking motion with her mouth. As if she was asking, "Are you the one with the milk?"

Startailoforangeandgold Thu 18-Oct-12 10:37:08

DD2 was born at home and I don't remember very first cuddle very clearly.

But I do remember sitting on our bed in the winter sunshine feeding her and having a picnic lunch with DH and DD1 after the MWs had gone.

It was so wonderful all being together, on our own in our own house.

(DD1 was born hospital and I had a terrible time getting her to BF, which see never did exclusively).

Flisspaps Thu 18-Oct-12 10:43:03

I don't remember a first cuddle with DD sad as i had lots of post partum issues and was whisked away to theatre for placenta removal and stitches. I really struggled in the weeks after her birth, and I don't think that helped.

DS was plonked on my stomach immediately despite being in theatre. I saw his beautiful big eyes and fell in love before I knew if he was a boy or a girl smile. He was taken for weighing and drying, and then given to DH until I went into recovery, where he fed and snuggled grin

KentuckyFriedChildren Thu 18-Oct-12 11:43:28

Ds was whisked off before I got to look at him (32 weeker) and I didn't get that first cuddle for four days. When I did he had a bili-blanket on under his teeny weeny baby gro and looked like a little glow worm smile he snuggled in all lovely but I never got to feed him as he was too small. Dd was in the room with me for about 45 mins after she was born at 34 wks and I think I gave her a wee cuddle but I'm not sure as I know the midwives spent a lot of time checking her over. They didn't keep her warm enough though and she became hypothermic and had to go to scbu hmmangry. I am desperately hoping that dc3 (currently nearly 35 wks!!) Will get to stay with me and I will be able to take them home and get that first cuddle and hopefully bf which I havent managed yet and would love to at least experience it even if I don't carry on.

SarryB Thu 18-Oct-12 12:02:57

During our first proper cuddle everyone (including OH) went out of the room. I promptly starting throwing up everywhere, trying very hard not to get it on the baby.

Pickles101 Thu 18-Oct-12 16:56:05

Aw, just logged on and saw all of these! Thank you so much for sharing your lovely cuddle stories, they are all so amazing!

Reading these has made me clucky, poor DD won't know what's hit her, I'm off for a squeeze grin

Pickles101 Thu 18-Oct-12 16:57:32

(Even the throwing up one is pretty amazing in it's own right, and I think congratulations are in order on your aim, SarryB wink)

Pickles101 Thu 18-Oct-12 17:04:05

And what the heck, I'll share mine properly too...

DP & I found out about DD very late in the pregnancy, she was dated around 27 weeks at the first scan. Fast forward 10 weeks and we were in the hospital, DD ready to pop. Been feeling crap all day & 4 hours into 'proper' labor and things aren't panning out, so off we hop to surgery! By the time DD was out I was unconscious, but she was out safely. I vaguely remember her being waved at me, before waking up 6 hours later for my first cuddle, in which she was the grumpiest little s* ever. D'aww.

Thanks again for all these stories guys, so lovely to have a nose hear about cuddly babies! grin

Jakeyblueblue Fri 19-Oct-12 02:14:19

These are all lovely smile
Mine isn't technically a first cuddle story but its the bit i will never forget.
Ds was born at 5.30 on a summers morning. Before I started pushing the midwife told me that once his head was delivered she'd give me back the gas and air and she wanted me just to take long slow breaths and breathe the rest of him out. In the end I was pushing for well over 2 hrs and had been in slow labour for days so was exhausted!
Anyway, when ds head finally emerged,, the room went totally silent. She passed me the gas and air and I did as she said but all I can remember was this overwhelming calm, the room was totally bathed in the lovely early morning sun and all I could hear was the dawn chorus. And then he was born. It really was the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced. Bring a tear to my eye every time I think of it. smile

SarryB Fri 19-Oct-12 10:29:06

Thank you pickles - it was the morphine I think. I just remember desperately trying to reach for something I could be sick into. I also threw up in the car on way home into a plastic bag that turned out to have holes in it...

jakey that is a lovely story. Here's hoping the next first cuddle I have will be more like that smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now