Talk

Advanced search

Overdue and very bored of daytime TV

(8 Posts)
pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Fri 12-Oct-12 19:43:08

My baby was due on Wed and she is not here yet. I know it is not long yet... I am seeing the mw on Monday for a sweep, if that fails, reflexology on Thurs, if still nothing, hosp on Friday and planning induction Mon 22, so a while to go yet.

I have been lazy and a bit lonely I guess, and I have watched so much TV, I am getting sick of it. I have not been to NCT so I don't know anyone who is having a baby now.

There is plenty to do in the house but I am too big and can't be arsed to move.

I was just wondering what everyone else is doing to make the most of the calm before the storm?

Craftyone Fri 12-Oct-12 21:53:11

Sleep, sleep and more sleep! and read a bit of Gina Ford if you dare....lol

That's what i did and i miss it so much now my DS is 11 months.

AnneH656 Fri 12-Oct-12 22:05:36

and daytime tv topics seem to centre around paedophiles at the mo.......

just past 39 weeks here. am trying to think of my due date as being in 3 weeks at 42 weeks to stop me going so bonkers but am not sure if its working.

i am filling my days slowly but not too far in advance. making sure i do one thing ever day that is nice that i cant do for a while when he is here. today was cinema with nachos - oo reminds me also enjoying not having to read calories on packets. post baby fat fighters is not appealing. dust? grin

whatsoever Sat 13-Oct-12 00:50:02

I'm with you OP. I'm 41+1 and so fed up. There is stuff I could do (other than eating, drinking, TV, Internet and napping) but it all exhausts me immediately.

Today is the end of my 5th week off work and I thought I'd have had the baby before the 4th was up. OH worked at home yesterday (handy as we ended up in triage all morning due to a lazy and still baby) and took holiday today so I've had company, which is much better. But on the downside, he's taking his paternity leave from Monday now, which means if I don't have the baby until Thursday (which would be 42 weeks) he'll be back at work when the baby's 1.5 weeks old.

Apologies, there endeth my pity party rant!

pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Mon 15-Oct-12 09:18:34

Are you still waiting whatsoever?
I am and now I have a cold so I sound like Darth Vader at night. I was going to have a sweep today but I think I will pass. I am not attracted by the idea of giving birth with a cold as I can't breath though my nose.
I am back on daytime TV as I am not going anywhere... meh.
Good luck!

OctoberOctober Mon 15-Oct-12 15:39:23

I am 40+3 and have had a sweep today in an effort to get things moving...

Was quite looking forward to flopping on the sofa afterwards but mw warned me that baby was currently a bit back to back so I'd be better off going for a walk! Have compromised and am now in Starbucks with a rather nice hot chocolate!

Going to go to yoga later too in a concerted effort to shift this baby!

Hope everyone else is having more productive day!

pommesdeterreetfromageblanc Mon 15-Oct-12 17:17:57

I have a stinky cold so today I only watched TV.... and ate... and saw the mw and said i would rather not have a sweep as I feel rotten.
Quite a productive day in my book! smile

javotte Mon 15-Oct-12 17:34:00

It is your first baby, right? Just rest!
I am overdue with my 3rd and I wish I could spend a few hours watching TV on the sofa.
If you are really desperate to do something, having a clean, tidy house when you come back home with the baby is a real plus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now