Talk

Advanced search

Could this be the start of things...or is this wishful thinking?

(5 Posts)
MsElisaDay Fri 12-Oct-12 12:16:39

I'm 37+5 and this is my first baby, so I guess it's unlikely that he's making an appearance imminently.

However, last night I was getting quite bad period-type cramping pains for a good two or three hours. They weren't agonising by any means, but very uncomfortable and I found myself involuntarily moaning as I rocked back and forth over my birth ball to try and cope with them.
Anyway, I tried to ignore the pain, took some paracetamol and went to bed.

The period-type cramping seemed to stop overnight, but instead I had a lot of back pain and found it even more difficult than usual to get any sleep. The back pain continued through to this morning, when I had a hot bath to try and stave it off, and the cramps have also returned, though I'm keeping them under control with paracetamol.

I wouldn't be thinking anything much of it, until about an hour ago I went to the loo at work and -(TMI, sorry) - did the biggest poo I've ever done in my life. It was like my insides were falling out. Now I'm at my desk wondering what's coming next.
I'm also getting very strong Braxton Hicks, which have been increasing in regularity and intensity for two or three days now.

Is this just my body preparing itself for a labour that could still be three or four weeks away, or could this actually be IT?!
Thanks!

Sinkingfeeling Fri 12-Oct-12 12:18:30

This could be IT! All those symptoms are exactly what I had with DD3, and she arrived 10 days before her due date. I think a call to your midwife might be a good idea. smile

BettyandDon Fri 12-Oct-12 12:20:24

I would call a MW and ask their advice. It may well be the start of things. And make sure you are ready to go just in case. Of course active labour is something like contractions every 5 mins but you are describing similar to what I had 4 days before birth, although mine stopped after 32 hours and I got induced in the end. Best to speak to MW.

Jen547 Fri 12-Oct-12 21:02:35

I had similar pains for 1-2 days before my waters broke. Day 1 I had pains which came on in the evening but then went enough for me to sleep and stayed gone til later the next evening. Then pains thru the night which affected my sleep and continued thru the next day before waters broke that evening at 19:00.

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 12-Oct-12 21:13:03

It's pretty much how I started. The pains steadily increased. Good luck if this is it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now