Talk

Advanced search

Another second time labour thread - how many people were later with second and/or had longer labours?

(2 Posts)
WhoahThereCrazyHorse Tue 09-Oct-12 09:09:47

Really interesting reading through the other thread about (mostly) much speedier second and subsequent labours... I was fully expecting that I would have had dc by now as dd was born at 38 weeks (am 39 wks tomorrow and no signs of movement) and was also thinking it might be quick-ish as first time round was very straightforward.

So, who among you went further in your pregnancy second time than first, and was your labour quicker/slower?

Ebb Wed 10-Oct-12 12:16:13

Ds was born at 38wks exactly and DD arrived at 38+6 after a very thorough sweep from my lovely Consultant. ( I was seeing her due to low platelets and the levels were up enough for a MLU birth so she gave me a helping hand. wink She also noticed I was in agony with SPD. ) DS was a fairly quick labour. First contraction around 2amish ( waters had started leaking the previous evening ), fully dilated by 6am but then 4hrs20 of pushing. DD was about 4hrs in total. She was born about an hour after getting to the MLU and surfed out in a tide of waters in four pushes. Never got the urge to push with DS so was a bit freaked out by my body just pushing DD out. Nothing to do with me! grin I hope your DC2 arrives soon. I hated being 'overdue' compared with DS. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now