Talk

Advanced search

Lochia - advice really appreciated.

(10 Posts)
Emmiedarling Tue 09-Oct-12 06:16:16

So I had my baby two weeks ago today via c-section.
I bled - red at first, then brown, then yellowy until day ten. Then ut all stopped. I couldn't believe how lucky I was...until last night & this morning. Woke up thinking I had pee'd myself, looked down and bright red blood everywhere. Soaked.

What's going on?! Should it have gone and come back like this? Is it normal? (No clots just LOTS of bleeding)

Thanks x

fuckwittery Tue 09-Oct-12 07:10:22

mine came and went depending on how much I moved around, if I did too much after my c-sections I bled more. Did you have an active day yesterday?

shushpenfold Tue 09-Oct-12 07:14:47

I bled for 6 weeks every time....friends bled for 2-4, but I was lucky!!! Def more if a busy day although as time went on, it generally died down. Rather strange to completely stop and then start so I suspect that you'll have to be careful to not use pads whilst there is a possibility of it starting up again.

shushpenfold Tue 09-Oct-12 07:15:27

...to USE pads even!

whatsoever Tue 09-Oct-12 07:43:58

Not had my baby yet so no first hand experience but a number have people have mentioned to me to wear a pad for a week after you think it's stopped, as it is apt to start again.

After my MC last year (MMC with a D&C) my bleeding stopped & then started again after 4 days so that was a kind of lighter version of lochia in my mind.

Emmiedarling Tue 09-Oct-12 08:56:09

Thank you for the replies thus far. I did have a fairly busy day yesterday. I'll see how it goes!

SunnyUpNorth Tue 09-Oct-12 09:04:15

Yes I had a section and mine stopped and started again, generally when I had a burst if energy and overdid it a little.
I wouldn't be alarmed as long as it wasn't like a haemorrhage and does slow down again.

Post pregnancy is so glam!

bumponboardagain Tue 09-Oct-12 09:59:50

Agree with other posters. I've had 2 csections and bleeding would seem to die down then stop only to start again a few days later. My advice would be to take it very easy.

DueInSeptember Wed 10-Oct-12 11:07:42

Yes it happens to me too.

FruitbatAuntie Thu 11-Oct-12 10:45:49

Sounds normal to me. With DS1 I bled for about 7 weeks, gradually getting browner/lighter and it would increase if I'd overdone things.

With DS2 I bled for 2 1/2 weeks and it then stopped completely. Fantastic, i thought! It started again a week or so later and carried on for another 3 weeks.

I wouldn't think there was any cause for concern unless it smells, you're in pain or it is ridiculously heavy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now