Talk

Advanced search

41 weeks!!! Advice please!!!

(6 Posts)
8abyDust Sat 06-Oct-12 14:34:09

Hi All,

I am 41 weeks today and so fed up. Was in hospital for most of this week for dehydration because I had been suffering with vertigo which made me very sick. Am now fully hydrated again....hospital were supposed to be inducing me while I was there due to big baby but I got sent home due to lack of space. I don't really want an induction or a c section (which are the 2 things I have been offered because they are concerned about how big baby is) but I have limited time due to having an appointment to discuss these options again on Monday.

I need to get things moving before Monday!! Any advice, tips???

Thanks!!!!

Walk up and down the stairs. Sideways. 2 steps at a time if you can manage it.

Repeat 10 times.

Good luck!

nickeldaisical Sat 06-Oct-12 14:43:23

have they measured the baby recently?

how big is it for them to want to force interception on you?

there are plenty of women on here who've had 10lb, 11lb babies with no tears, so that's all bollocks.

you don't have to have any procedure you don't want - you keep saying "i will choose expectant management"
that means they'll strap you to a monitor every 2 days for half an hour and give you another growth scan.

my DD was 42+2 (16days overdue) and i did it all naturally.

nickeldaisical Sat 06-Oct-12 14:45:20

they can't force you to do anything.
they will probably send you to a supervisor or midwives, who will be lovely, and then to a registrar doctor person who will have a dreadful bedside manner and wail that you're going to kill your baby (my thread is around somewhere if you want to read it! grin) but they cannot make you choose something you don't want. they have to have your full permission and they're not allowed to force or persuade you in any way.

PebblePots Sat 06-Oct-12 19:24:32

I'm sure your body can cope with the size of your baby, nature does tend to know what it's doing! ;)

Unless there is a particular reason why they think you can't & I think that would be pretty rare.

My advice, be patient, your baby will come when he/she is ready; better to avoid intervention unless absolutely medically necessary.

I refused sweeps time & time again, my midwife just didn't 'get it'. My baby arrived at 40+10, all natural, great birth.

Go for a walk, rugged ground to get things moving, possibly!

Good luck.

Msladyblue Sat 06-Oct-12 22:49:48

I'm tired of doctors stripping women's rights to having a natural birth. My daughter was 10 pounds at birth and i had her naturally. My baby is breech and i'm 34 weeks and i hate the thought of having a c section because of it. I never had one with any of my 3 other kids so i'm pissed off and scared at the same time. If there is nothing wrong with you that would cause you and baby harm, i would request a natural birth good luck to you and god bless

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now