Talk

Advanced search

For those with big age gaps, was 2nd labour still easier/shorter than 1st or do you think it's like doing it for the first time again?

(5 Posts)
MadameJosephine Wed 03-Oct-12 17:51:36

Currently 34 weeks with DC2, my first just turned 16. Do you think my body will remember how to do it or will it be just like having a first baby?

Badgerina Wed 03-Oct-12 18:37:03

I wish I knew. I'm waiting for DS2 to arrive after an 8 year gap. I'm 40+11 and nothing is happening yet. I feel like my body has forgotten sad

oddslippers Wed 03-Oct-12 18:39:52

If it's anything to go on, my sister had her second 12 years after the first, I was with her, things progressed really quickly. Waters went at 9 baby born at 1, first baby had been 36 hours.

MadameJosephine Wed 03-Oct-12 20:51:53

That's reassuring. I keep trying to convince myself that the gap doesn't matter, my body will still remember. Like riding a bike lol

Twotumsellie Thu 04-Oct-12 13:17:36

I'm wondering the same, DD turns 13 next week and currently 35 weeks PG with DD2.

I had a very long drawn out labour 13 years ago, i was alomost 2 weeks late and it lasted over 36 hours. Praying this one is not the same!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now