Talk

Advanced search

Anyone up? Labour/waters question.

(12 Posts)
EarnestDullard Wed 03-Oct-12 03:58:02

I'm 39+4 and have been having contractions for the past few hours, but they seem to be stuck at about 12 mins apart (lasting about a minute each). I got up a minute ago and felt a wet 'trickle', enough to run down my leg. Last time my waters went with a gush so I'm not sure if that's what this was. Does it sound
like it'd be worth calling the mw? Had a false alarm 2 nights ago (6 hours of contractions that just fizzled out) so don't want to rush into anything in case it's not the real thing.

MaBumble Wed 03-Oct-12 04:03:14

Hi, sometimes it can be a gush, sometimes a trickle. If you had no control, and it didn't smell like wee, I'd ring your midwife.

AndMiffyWentToSleep Wed 03-Oct-12 04:03:16

Yes I think they can go with a trickle - I'd give them a call. Good luck!

FelicityElectricity Wed 03-Oct-12 04:03:20

Ooh exciting! Could well be waters. Depends on baby's head position sometimes as to whether it 'gushes' or not I think. Best call MW and maybe get a pad on? They can check that later to confirm if it is your waters. Good luck!! grin

MaBumble Wed 03-Oct-12 04:04:13

Oh and good luck! smile

twolittlebundles Wed 03-Oct-12 04:34:23

mw will likely suggest that you smell the fluid - a sweet smell indicates waters. Good luck!!

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Wed 03-Oct-12 05:11:19

What previous posters have said, give the midwife a ring.
Exciting! Good luck smile

Badgerina Wed 03-Oct-12 09:04:20

Sounds like waters! Ring that MW - good luck grin

EarnestDullard Thu 04-Oct-12 22:18:13

Thanks for the replies everyone, sorry for not coming back sooner. So it turned out not to be my waters, probably just 'watery discharge' but contractions ramped up after I slept a bit and I headed into the birth centre at about 8am yesterday. DD2 born at 3.18pm the same day smile

Badgerina Thu 04-Oct-12 22:43:48

Fabulous news! Congratulations grin

AndMiffyWentToSleep Thu 04-Oct-12 22:53:37

Ooh congratulations! smile

HeffalumpsAndGoldenWoozles Fri 05-Oct-12 00:01:05

Ah congratulations! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now