Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Do post-dates inductions get booked for weekends?

(5 Posts)
RedKites Tue 02-Oct-12 22:03:54

Hello, at my next mw appointment (if I get that far), they're going to want to talk about booking an induction date. I somehow avoided any discussion of induction last time (despite making it to 40+9) so I'm going to have a few questions for the mw. However, I wondered if anyone knew if hospitals book post-dates inductions for weekends (I believe ELCS for example are weekdays only, but OTOH I imagine PROM inductions must happen at weekends?)? Thanks.

Jergens Tue 02-Oct-12 22:12:13

Hi Redkites
Inductions are booked 7 days a week. Different from ELCS where extra in hours staff definitely needed (ie. Obstetricians, theatre staff, anaesthetists, etc).
Good luck!

Dell28 Tue 02-Oct-12 22:15:35

I was induced on a Sunday (appointment time 8am) with my son, so certainly where I am (Yorkshire) they induce on weekends.

Wasn't born til Thursday night though. Inductions can take a fair while!

Saying that my daughter was induced (on a Saturday, appointment time 5pm) and born 5 hours after first pessary.

So in answer to your question - yes! Good luck. I hope you go into labour very very soon. smile

EldonAve Tue 02-Oct-12 22:17:31

I was offered a Friday appt but said it didn't suit and got the follwoing Monday instead

RedKites Tue 02-Oct-12 22:58:50

Thanks all - sounds like many places do, at least. Probably a good thing - given a choice, I'd probably choose to go for a Saturday (10 days after what I think is my due date), which from what the last mw I saw said shouldn't be too controversial (although a little outside local policy), as it's only 14 days after the due date according to my scan. I know they can't make me be induced, but if there's a date everyone is happy with, all the better. And hopefully I won't get that far anyway!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: