Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Do post-dates inductions get booked for weekends?

(5 Posts)
RedKites Tue 02-Oct-12 22:03:54

Hello, at my next mw appointment (if I get that far), they're going to want to talk about booking an induction date. I somehow avoided any discussion of induction last time (despite making it to 40+9) so I'm going to have a few questions for the mw. However, I wondered if anyone knew if hospitals book post-dates inductions for weekends (I believe ELCS for example are weekdays only, but OTOH I imagine PROM inductions must happen at weekends?)? Thanks.

Jergens Tue 02-Oct-12 22:12:13

Hi Redkites
Inductions are booked 7 days a week. Different from ELCS where extra in hours staff definitely needed (ie. Obstetricians, theatre staff, anaesthetists, etc).
Good luck!

Dell28 Tue 02-Oct-12 22:15:35

I was induced on a Sunday (appointment time 8am) with my son, so certainly where I am (Yorkshire) they induce on weekends.

Wasn't born til Thursday night though. Inductions can take a fair while!

Saying that my daughter was induced (on a Saturday, appointment time 5pm) and born 5 hours after first pessary.

So in answer to your question - yes! Good luck. I hope you go into labour very very soon. smile

EldonAve Tue 02-Oct-12 22:17:31

I was offered a Friday appt but said it didn't suit and got the follwoing Monday instead

RedKites Tue 02-Oct-12 22:58:50

Thanks all - sounds like many places do, at least. Probably a good thing - given a choice, I'd probably choose to go for a Saturday (10 days after what I think is my due date), which from what the last mw I saw said shouldn't be too controversial (although a little outside local policy), as it's only 14 days after the due date according to my scan. I know they can't make me be induced, but if there's a date everyone is happy with, all the better. And hopefully I won't get that far anyway!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now