Talk

Advanced search

Is it possible to have a false positive?

(6 Posts)
Zorra Tue 02-Oct-12 11:03:55

(Thread two, thanks MNHQ) And thanks for the one reply.

So I had a negative blood test for pregnancy two and a half weeks ago: POAS this morning, and it's positive. Very bold line. The test is in date, but has been lying around in a cupboard full of random things :clutches at straws:

Is it possible to have a false positive? I should just go and buy a handful more, but am at work...

Zorra Tue 02-Oct-12 11:09:31

Sorry, totally wrong place. Bah!

very very unlikely indeed. You appear to be upduffed. Is that good?

rogersmellyonthetelly Tue 02-Oct-12 20:19:28

A faint is it there line can sometimes come up way after the time limit as its drying, but a bold line is a true positive and you don't get those unless you are knocked up. Hope that's what you are wanting to hear

maxbear Wed 03-Oct-12 16:06:05

I only ever did one test with mine, as far as I was concerned a positive was a positive. I have three beautiful dc to prove it. Hope you are ok op!

Zorra Wed 03-Oct-12 18:08:18

Thanks for the replies (despite my muddling up of threads/titles and whatnot). Five tests later and I think I should accept it's a BFP. Will move that discussion to a new thread in the right place! Thank you x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now