Talk

Advanced search

Suitable music for labour/birth

(5 Posts)
glendathegoodwitch Mon 01-Oct-12 19:56:33

Sorry if this has been done to death - I did a quick search but couldn't find anything!!!

I'm looking for some chilled albums to put on my iPhone to listen to whilst hopefully in the pool - I gave birth to my daughter to Jose Gonzales - Heartbeats which was beautiful and still makes me well up now, she's 6 now and loves 'her' song lol

I work in a maternity unit and will never forget the woman who had the radio on and gave birth to sex is on fire, fortunately she wasnt aware lol

I like dido, cranberries, adele, coldplay, snow patrol etc... Any ideas?? What have you got on your iPhone?

Badgerina Mon 01-Oct-12 20:13:38

Wagner grin

VikingLady Mon 01-Oct-12 22:17:17

We were going to have Metallica's S&M orchestral album (wee had it our wedding), but ended up with emcs. Still planning on having it for the next one grin

BlueChampagne Tue 02-Oct-12 12:52:35

I had a rousing bit of Haydn choral music for DS1. DS2 arrived in such a hurry that music was way down the priority list.

cbeebiesatemybrain Tue 02-Oct-12 18:50:44

I had a massive pile of cds picked out ready for dd's birth. It was really varied - The cure, rage against the machine, led zepellin, Slayer, morcheeba, Adele, David Bowie, Amy Winehouse and scissor sisters grin

When I was in labour dh asked what I wanted to listen to and I growled at him blush so we didn't use any of them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now