Talk

Advanced search

Baby is back to back

(6 Posts)
megab Tue 25-Sep-12 17:26:37

Hi, i'm 40+1 with my first, my midwife told me this morning that my baby is back to back, this has absolutely terrified me as I've heard so many bad things about this.

Is there anything I can do to get the baby to turn? The head is also fully engaged.

HaggisNeepsTatties Tue 25-Sep-12 17:59:22

Try not to slouch on the couch, you could try leaning forward slightly on an exercise ball or turning a dining chair round the wrong way and sitting atride it leaning firward onto the back.
Spend some time on all fours if you can (apparently baby's spine is heaviest so that helps with gravity)
You might also want to have a look at the spinningbabies website for some exercises and positions to try

The3Bears Tue 25-Sep-12 18:06:47

My baby was back to back and turned during labour so try not to worry smile I ended up having a lovely waterbirth and now here snuggling 5 week old ds grin

The3Bears Tue 25-Sep-12 18:07:54

Sorry meant to add alot of babies do turn in the right position during labour.

greenhill Tue 25-Sep-12 18:16:07

Don't worry too much. I only found out just before my DD was born that she was back to back. It was a 2 hour active stage labour.

I found that staying on all fours during labour helped and had even scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees beforehand.

Shybairns Tue 25-Sep-12 18:20:35

If and when you go into labour with baby still in bb postion, I found walking through my contractions really helped. Lying on the bed was freaking agony.
So breathe and walk and baby will come.

Another thing which helped when I was at the pushing stage was midwife pour in water over my perinium. It helped with the burning pain.

Best of luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now