Talk

Advanced search

Princess Royal Maternity - Glasgow

(6 Posts)
GizzyBoo Tue 25-Sep-12 08:47:32

Does anyone have any experience of this hospital please. Just coming up to 39 weeks and this is my back up hospital. I Live in the islands and plan on delivering at home but if I go too far over or there is an emergency this is where I am booked.

Any info would be really appreciated as I have developed a sudden panic this morning that I might actually have to go there at some point!

chocoluvva Tue 25-Sep-12 09:52:29

Sorry - I don't have direct experience of the PRM Gizzy, but I've delivered in a small semi-rural hospital and in a large city hospital.
IMO they each had advantages and disadvantages, but both had very happy outcomes.
I hope your delivery goes to plan.
Good luck smile

Alibobster Tue 25-Sep-12 11:32:41

Not any personal experience but my friend has had 3 dc there and she really liked it- I've only been as a visitor but found it to be very clean and modern, think it's a fairly new building. Good luck x

Theenormouscrocodile Wed 26-Sep-12 21:58:03

Hi I've had 2 c-sections there, the last being 3 years ago & I'm booked in for my next one in January. All good & fine as hospitals go. Doctors and consultants lovely & reassuring, most midwives fine although one or two were a bit off. If you end up there for whatever reason you will be looked after. Feel free to pm me if you want. Good luck!

GizzyBoo Thu 27-Sep-12 08:26:05

Thanks ladies.
Its not so much being in hospital that I am worried about its just being alone in an area I don't know that has got me in as flap so your info is fab.

Do you know if they have birth pools available and are open to a more relaxed, normal birthing experience??

Theenormouscrocodile Thu 27-Sep-12 12:24:41

They do have birthing pools & as far I am aware are happy for you do what suits you if everything is ok. Although I've not had any experience of this, due to emergency CS & ELCS. You could maybe give them a call for a blether and that might reassure of the facilities & their approach.
It must be nerve wracking for you. I hope you get te birth you want smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now