Talk

Advanced search

Oblique lie at 38 weeks

(5 Posts)
GingerDoodle Thu 20-Sep-12 12:21:22

Hi all

Had my 38 week midwife appt today; measuring 39 which I expected and also found baby is in an odd position.

She has been head down but oblique all along but on Thursday I had a really painfulside and baby has felt all 'up' as in hard along the top of my bump for a while. I have no pressure down below an if anything need to pee less now.

MW found the HB quite high up and very much on one side so said she may have even flipped breech.

Has anyone else had this?

I have a scan booked for Monday and MW said they will likely offer to try and turn baby or a section.

Thanks!

GD

Ushy Thu 20-Sep-12 15:16:00

The problem with attemps at turns are a: incredibly painful (not always but usually)
b) although they can be successful at turning the baby, you are still much more likely to have an emergency caesarean than if the baby had turned on its own.

I would ask for a referral to a consultant obstetrician.

piggyboo Thu 20-Sep-12 17:15:00

Just be prepared that if baby is sideways (no head or bum in pelvis) they may want to admit you there and then as there is a risk of cord prolapse if there is nothing plugging cervix. If i were you i would make sure i take my hosp bag with me to appointment just in case. Also i would contact labour ward if you have any signs of labour starting or waters break before then. fingers crossed she turns the right way for you before scan x

GingerDoodle Sat 22-Sep-12 11:18:34

Thanks both; I will be 38w 4 days on Monday and won't be having an ECV so tbh I am quite hoping that if she hasn't moved they just get on with a
section.

Has this happened to anyone?

I have had a couple of very small (clear) shows over the last week and I have also just found out im GBS positive (neither of which the hospital knows yet)...would you advise the labour ward before monday?

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Sat 22-Sep-12 17:35:31

I wouldn't call them but I would write it in your handheld notes and tell them on Monday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now