Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone given burth at Luton & Dunstable hospital?

(7 Posts)
Jemma7 Fri 07-Nov-03 16:37:03

Just wondering as this is where i will be giving birth in July should everything go OK!

Wondered what others experiences there were although i know there are only a few MN'ers from around here!

Jemma7 Fri 07-Nov-03 16:37:45

God, it would help if i could spell!

I meant "Birth"

lou33 Sun 09-Nov-03 13:32:36

I had one at the L&D, and one at home Jemma, both in Luton, though I should've had another there but was on holiday when she arrived. Generally I hate the place, BUT Mr Griffiths, my consultant is wonderful, the community midwives I had (for Bushmead) were fantastic, and my hospital experience was ok. I was induced at 36 weeks, which is why I had a hospital delivery. I'm not sure what you want to know exactly, but ask away and I will try to answer any questions!

karenanne Sun 09-Nov-03 13:51:08

hi jemma...i too have had 1 at the l+d and due another in december.had an emergency c section .any info you need ask away

Jemma7 Mon 10-Nov-03 09:04:02

Just wondered what the conditions were like really!
I know providing everything is OK your stay there isn't very long but living in Luton all my life i imagine it to me awful & dirty.

lou33 Mon 10-Nov-03 11:42:27

Well from a cleanliness point of view it seemed alright. Could be better but could be a lot worse. The cleaners seemed to be around non stop from what i can remember! After ds2 was born we went to a shared ward, with 6 beds, and went home the next day. However we had to go back again a week later when ds2 had jaundice, and they put us into a side room all on our own (yipee!) because he had to go in a bilibed. Side rooms are definitely better! The 6 bedders were ok tho.

Ikwym about it being dirty though, I don't rate the rest of the hospital at all.

Swedes Sun 08-Feb-09 14:58:16

I had a cervical stitch at L & D and I think it's a truly excellent hospital. I had temporary care from an excellent obstetric consultant there named Peter Reid. I spent the whole of my pregnancy wishing he was my consultant and that I was delivering at L&D but it all worked out fine in the end.

If I had another baby I would opt for L&D without hesitation. Apparently (and quite ridiculously) lots of people from Harpenden are snooty about having Luton on their child's birth certificate. But I think that's changing as it now seems to be Harpenden's birthing hospital of choice.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it based on my operation and overnight stay there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now