Talk

Advanced search

Very early/'practice' labour??

(3 Posts)
natwebb79 Sat 22-Oct-11 09:20:21

First baby due Tuesday so I'm very clueless! For the last couple of days (tmi alert!) I have constantly been emptying my bowels and having very mild irregular tummy cramps. Baby feels very low and bump looks like it has dropped a fair bit. Could this be my body preparing itself for labour?

TerrysNo2 Sat 22-Oct-11 09:25:54

It could be, but it could just be nothing - its all so frustratingly unpredictable!! I am 38 weeks with number 2 and keep having different "symptoms" at different times.

It all sounds positive though in anyway as its definitely preparation for the birth, it just doesn't mean its imminent and could still be a little while.

If I were you I would enjoy this time and do as much stuff for yourself as possible - go out for dinner with DH, get a massage, sleep etc!

Good luck!

Velvetcu Sat 22-Oct-11 17:57:17

I had 4 different episodes of pre-labour. I gave birth on Tuesday and it started off exactly the same as the other 4 times so there really is no way of knowing!

Good luck grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now