Talk

Advanced search

Being induced on Sunday - anyone had this?

(12 Posts)
MamaMaiasaura Fri 21-Oct-11 15:25:06

They are doing ARM. If no progress after 2 hours then syntocin drip. I'm currently 2cm dilated ad been ctx for weeks now. Just looking for positive stories please x

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 21-Oct-11 15:34:06

Better outcomes are associated with more positive thinking and attitude but why are you being induced? Is there a medical reason?

MamaMaiasaura Fri 21-Oct-11 15:47:12

Yea, medical reasons. Previous obstetric history, size of babies and this one too, been contracting for weeks, impaired blood sugars and past due date.

I will keep positive and am looking forward to meeting baby smile

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 21-Oct-11 15:51:56

Well if you have an epidural, get them to help you into a kneeling position for the last bit and delivery.

In the meantime, have som romantic evenings, sit on the loo a lot (or backwards on a kitchen chair (to open pelvis), read erotic novels and walk up and down stairs sideways.

geogteach Fri 21-Oct-11 16:18:30

Positive thinking all the way, i was booked for induction due to being past dates 3 times, every time was in labour by the time i turned up for induction so never had the induction.

MamaMaiasaura Fri 21-Oct-11 16:41:48

Fantastic tips (I'm hoping I'll be in labour already when I go in).

I'm 2cm dilated and baby head right down. Been having ctx for weeks now. Had some fun with dh today, stretch and sweep yesterday and evening primrose oil. Had long latent phases with all babies but only ever to 38 and 39 weeks to strange to go over for me. Was told 3rd babies are often pickles.

Had epidural with first and right at ed with second. Both OP. Hoping with one isn't OP as would like to not have epi if I can manage. Good idea about delivering upright/all fours smile

MamaMaiasaura Fri 21-Oct-11 19:31:59

Bump

MamaMaiasaura Mon 24-Oct-11 04:08:58

Never got induced grin beat them to it yay x

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 24-Oct-11 08:18:54

Oh brilliant news. Congratulations!

Little g or b?

ionysis Mon 24-Oct-11 08:47:02

Congratulations. By far the best outcome!

MamaMaiasaura Mon 24-Oct-11 08:58:31

Little girl and very quick in the end. 2 3/4 hours start to finish smile 9lb3oz

StarlightMcKenzie Mon 24-Oct-11 09:49:49

Guess that's coz your body had done plenty of warm up. Well done, and welcome to the world little one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now