Talk

Advanced search

When to use tens?

(9 Posts)
Velvetcu Mon 17-Oct-11 21:18:29

Everything I've read says they're most effective in early labour but just how early is early??

liquorice1 Mon 17-Oct-11 21:51:49

Hi, Try to start to use it as soon as you feel any contractions. it doesnt do you any harm and the sooner you use it the more endorphins you get. Try and wear it on the maximum setting you can tolerate. Good luck.

LynetteScavo Mon 17-Oct-11 21:56:13

Yes, when you start to get contractions.

Although I put the tens on once, thinking "in 12 hours time I will have a baby" then I must have fallen asleep because I woke up in the morning with the tens still on, no contractions and definitely no baby. DS was born a week later. grin

You can't do any harm in putting it on early.

Velvetcu Mon 17-Oct-11 23:01:46

Thankyou! I've been having contractions all day and they're starting to hurt now so I've got it on smile

LynetteScavo Mon 17-Oct-11 23:18:53

Oh er! Keep us posted. smile

Velvetcu Tue 18-Oct-11 10:23:17

Didn't really get to use it that much! Eva Lily was born at 4:50 this morning! Thanks for the advice ladies smile

Franchini Tue 18-Oct-11 12:19:32

Congrats - did the tens machine help? or did you have other pain relief too?

Velvetcu Tue 18-Oct-11 13:14:31

It did help - got to 6cm just on tens and a bath but then had gas and air for the rest. I did 3cm to birth in 5 hrs though so it was pretty quick! I was taking raspberry leaf capsules from 34 weeks so I think that's what did it

Franchini Tue 18-Oct-11 15:51:50

I'm on RLT 3 times a day (37wks) going to up it another cup per day per week. Well done on TENS and G&A - I hope I can do the same. Congrats on your lovely baby did you have a girl or boy?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now