Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Could this be it??!!

(11 Posts)
whackamole Mon 17-Oct-11 17:13:44

Please say yes! grin

39+2 today, totally fed up. Have been having increased discharge (sorry TMI!) or possibly waters leaking for a few days, and have been wearing panty liners. Just went to the loo and there's a little bit of blood on the pad. I'm having the mildest of back pain, but it is the sort of period pain type. Had it last night too but went nowhere......

I just don't know what I should be thinking TBH, never had BH in my last pregnancy, was induced and had waters break so really don't know what to expect! Also spoke to my mum last night, she told me that in all 3 of her pregnancies she managed to get to 5cm dilated without even knowing and had to have her waters broker all 3 times. I don't know if these things run in families, bit worrying if they do!!

belgo Mon 17-Oct-11 17:17:02

Yes it could be the start, but it doesn't really mean you will get to 5cm without knowing about it! Getting to 5cm with no warning is not really normal, and most of use will be in full blown labour for hours before reaching 5cm.

Have you spoken to your midwife?

CuriosityCola Mon 17-Oct-11 17:17:22

Yes! Phone midwife if you think waters have broken smile

mumblejumble Mon 17-Oct-11 17:18:56

Ooooh, good luck!
Hope it is for you, I had a little blood yesterday but am cursed with long slow start and stop labours. Just having minor pains on and off with no regular pattern here.
Quick labour vibes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>
grin

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Mon 17-Oct-11 17:23:10

Sounds like the bloody show! That's exactly how mine both started, blood and period style pains. How exciting for you! grin

whackamole Mon 17-Oct-11 20:22:58

EEEEEEE! <----that's me getting excited!

No real pains at the moment, but I have just got out a very long bath, so will call MW tomorrow morning and have a chat.

I will hope for a super-quick labour like my mum, but secretly I think she is abnormal and the only person in the world who has given birth like she has grin

CuriosityCola Tue 18-Oct-11 08:44:46

Good luck, let us know how you get on smile

whackamole Sat 22-Oct-11 10:39:32

Just a quick update!

Nathan was born yesterday 20/10/11 at 12:49pm, weighing 8lb 6oz after a (relatively!) easy labour lasting 4 hrs 55 mins.

Had a second degree tear which required stitching, but that went smoothly too. I called the hospital at 8am, by the time I got there at 9am (cab didn't show hmm) contractions had gone from every 6 mins to every 2, so no time for an epidural. Had some morphine which did slow things down a little but he was still born very quickly! Not something I would choose to do again though - I don't think!

Currently sleeping in the moses basket, he has been a little gem. I kept waking in the night expecting him to be crying, but he didn't cry once, just smacked his lips for a feed. Already latching on nicely.

Best part was though, was home by 6:30pm, slept in my own bed, with my baby and my other boys.

Now just waiting for the relatives to descend!

CuriosityCola Sat 22-Oct-11 11:21:39

Congratulations! smile

mumblejumble Sat 22-Oct-11 11:56:30

Congratulations grin

CrazyAlien06 Sat 22-Oct-11 16:20:14

congrats!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now