Talk

Advanced search

"grazes"

(6 Posts)
iskra Sun 16-Oct-11 11:32:07

4 weeks later and my grazes still haven't healed though my stitches have. if you "grazed", how long did it take to heal? i know there is nothing wrong with them, its just taking a while!

mercibucket Sun 16-Oct-11 20:51:04

mine were quite horrendous! they are way more painful than episiotomy. ouch. it took the full six weeks before I felt back to normal but at about week 4 i got thoroughly sick of it all and started using tea tree oil on them - dabbed straight on, stung a bit and made my breath smell of tea tree which was quite freaky grin but it got them healed up much quicker. sympathies

RightUpMyRue Sun 16-Oct-11 20:58:00

I remember going to the GP about the grazes I got with DD. I think it must have been around week 4 as I thought they should be gone by then! Because my fanjo wasn't in complete in shreds he wasn't sympathetic and told me lots of women have it a lot worse and it'd be fine soon. They were, I think within the next week or so, but I still remember being pissed off he'd poo-pooed my pain.

You have my sympathies OP, it bloody hurts.

SarahScot Sun 16-Oct-11 21:51:13

Oh god yes, I remember the pain! The tears taht had to be stitched weren't a patch on the grazes pain-wise. Ouch ouch ouch ouch. I think it took around 6 weeks to not hurt and 12 weeks to be completely better.

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 17-Oct-11 15:02:50

go to your GP, I had one graze, no tears or stitches and 5 weeks later it was still stingin like buggery when I peed, despite lavender oil and water poured over my bits and drinking pints and pints of water to dilute it. Turns out the scar tissue had over healed, she whipped out some silver nitrate, couldn't sit properly for a good 24hours but then was all fine again...

whackamole Mon 17-Oct-11 21:43:02

Mine took longer than 6 weeks to heal. We had sex, it was VERY sore and at about 8 weeks I got checked by the GP who said it was totally normal and that it was just healing as it should.

Annoying, but definitely normal!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now