Talk

Advanced search

Do you have post-childbirth ragged bits? There is a thread for you!

(6 Posts)
MrsBloodyTroll Sat 15-Oct-11 22:56:08

If you are suffering from post-childbirth "Ragged Bits" then I wanted to draw your attention to this thread which I've found tremendously useful:

here

I didn't start it, it's been running since May 2008, but it is populated by ladies who are all suffering from childbirth injuries you may be too embarrassed to discuss on here.

If you are ante-natal then for heaven's sake stop reading this now as you will just scare yourself!

emonslemons Sun 16-Oct-11 12:07:48

im antenatal, but its the second time round! doesnt count i guess :P thanks for the link though ;)

Raven78 Sun 16-Oct-11 13:47:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBloodyTroll Mon 17-Oct-11 09:06:04

emonslemons without wanting to go into TMI, if you start to notice problems during your current pregnancy, you should probably look out for issues after the birth...all that pushing!

Raven I don't want to scare them! grin. We actually had problems ttc, got there in the end, and now I have ragged bits. But they were absolutely worth it. Mostly. grin <ignores screaming toddler DD thrashing about in the corner of the room and gazes at beautiful slumbering baby DS>

Raven78 Mon 17-Oct-11 14:56:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MrsBloodyTroll Mon 17-Oct-11 22:08:56

Sorry to hear that, Raven.

I'm not in pain, just discomfort. I'm very lucky that DH has private medical insurance covering me through his work, so have seen a great gynae referring me for physio, also going to talk to my GP.

I do think in general that there is too much focus on the labour/birth and not enough on what happens after that, what injuries you could sustain, and how to get help. I honestly thought what I had was just piles. It was only when I started looking online that I realised what else it could be and sought help.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now