Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

High BP in 1st Pregnancy - Will I be able to go for a homebirth next time?

(4 Posts)
M2T Tue 28-Oct-03 10:49:03

Hi all...

No I'm not pregnant yet.... but I wanted to ask this.

At 37 weeks my BP shot right up and I was taken into hospital. I was kept in, sent home, taken back in.... etc etc..... until ds was born at 39 weeks.

I didn't have pre-eclampsia although my BP remained very high until he was delivered.
Does this mean that I won't be able to have a homebirth as I'm high risk??? Someone told me this and I was very disappointed, I would like to consider it next time.

coppertop Tue 28-Oct-03 11:02:04

With ds1 my BP was a big problem and I needed several BP Profiles. I too worried if this would happen again. At my 1st antenatal appt with ds2 I was still given the option of a homebirth. My BP with ds2 turned out to be fine so there is hope.

M2T Tue 28-Oct-03 11:02:54

Aw thanks Coppertop! Thats what I hoped.

pupuce Tue 28-Oct-03 19:08:27

There is no reason why you could not plan a home birth - as long as your pregnancy remains low risk. You will need to remain open minded to go to hospital should your BP shoot up again. That's all

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: