Talk

Advanced search

1st degree tear, will it heal back together?

(5 Posts)
LDNmummy Wed 12-Oct-11 16:54:20

My birth was brilliant thankfully, and I only suffered a 1st degree tear going south. My perineum is now much shorter and the midwife seems to have stitched that specific area up. But the area doesn't seem to be fusing together. It seems to be healing fine, just not together. Is this normal? It has only been two weeks, so I'm wondering if it will still heal together and I am just being impatient.

PaschaTheSlasher Thu 13-Oct-11 11:37:52

My episiotomy healed ok after having to go back for restitch. The skin's not together though. I have a V shape there now.

LDNmummy Fri 14-Oct-11 00:18:07

Thanks for the response Pascha!

I think I might be left with a V shape now too. I just wasn't sure if that was normal or if it was worth going to the GP about to get it restitched so the space would close properly.

groak Fri 14-Oct-11 00:21:01

they didn't stitch me after my 2nd tore with dc2! I dread to think what it's like 'down there' now...

oscalet Fri 14-Oct-11 13:03:10

I had a tear third time round, quite a big one, but refused stitches and it healed painlessly. It does take time but I would suggest removing stitches if you haven't had it done already and letting it heal naturally. I had stitches with ds2 and it was definitely better without.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now