Talk

Advanced search

Is there still a good while to go after the baby drops?

(13 Posts)
localcrackpot Tue 11-Oct-11 18:26:15

I'm sure it's a daft question. My bump dropped about a week ago and I'm convinced she's engaged to some extent because of the significant pain at the top of the birth canal (see? I didn't say chuff. Very mature). I'm only 37 weeks on Thursday but like a mad fool I'm hoping she's hatching an escape plan because otherwise I fear she will break my ribs first with those well-placed heaves with her feet.
I'm a ridiculous, wishful, first-timer. I know it. Please tell me how long you had between the baby dropping & labour. She's been head-down for well over a month but at the last MW appt it was a stand-in & she didn't check engagement like they normally do. Holding out for next appt on Monday...

Ta thanks

MosEisley Tue 11-Oct-11 18:42:15

About 4-5 weeks btw baby 'dropping' and labour, in each of 3 pregnancies. Sorry probably not the answer you were hoping for...

Flisspaps Tue 11-Oct-11 18:47:26

DD dropped by about 36/37 weeks, was induced at 42+1...

localcrackpot Tue 11-Oct-11 19:10:31

Ah, no problem! I'd guessed that it wasn't poof here's your baby.

Thanks. Anyone else who wants to tell me is more than welcome to say too - more random data for my anecdotal survey!

nightshade Tue 11-Oct-11 19:24:28

dd1 dropped after contractions began. with a big thump. thought i was about to deliver in bath.

don't remember dd2 dropping, she was always kinda low.

whackamole Tue 11-Oct-11 21:57:44

I think it's different from person to person.

But, I am 38+3 hoping the same as you as MW confirmed baby is now engaged!

stuffthenonsense Thu 13-Oct-11 09:20:52

Sorry but mine dropped by 35 weeks and i was induced at 40+18

Bellared Thu 13-Oct-11 14:55:38

I dropped about 37-38 weeks and am now 40+ 10 and being induced tomorrow. Didn't notice him drop though it was only when other people said he had and I still didn't notice it!

truthisinthewine Thu 13-Oct-11 17:56:15

Am on my 3rd baby, head has been engaged for at least 10 days now and still no sign of anything happening just yet....due in 2 days.

LikeABlackFlameCandleBNQ Thu 13-Oct-11 20:59:53

Nah, dont think so. I dropped at 28 weeks, MW said baby was head down at 31 weeks (where I am now) and I asked if this was an indiator and she said no. Some babies are just organised. grin

LikeABlackFlameCandleBNQ Thu 13-Oct-11 21:00:14

indicator

woopsidaisy Fri 14-Oct-11 09:50:13

I think my second dropped at about 7 months! He was really big,and I could hardly walk! If you're 37 weeks,it won't be too long anyway,and you will have a lovely baby to cuddle!
The feeling of having "space" inside after delivery is a wonderful,wonderful feeling.

Allboxedin Fri 14-Oct-11 19:07:28

I'm 39 weeks with my second. Last week baby was at brim and today it was 3/5 so I guess it has been happening this last week. I am still not sure what it all means though and if 3/5 means if it is engaged or not!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now