Talk

Advanced search

Tell me how your 2nd labours started

(20 Posts)
Allboxedin Sat 08-Oct-11 16:42:29

I want to know!
DD1 took ages coming and I had BH for 2 nights in a row before regular contractions, so we had lots of warning.

I'm wondering how your 2nd labour started and f you had a longish frst labour if it was faster.
I have been feeling sick the past couple of days (was actually sick with bad tummy day before yesterday) so am on alert but no other signs yet.

Haribojoe Sat 08-Oct-11 16:52:28

Had contractions most nights for about 2 weeks and then at T+8 got regular contractions, just under 4 hours later I was holding DS2 in my arms.

My first labour was a lot longer, OP baby, needed ARM, syntocinon and epidural.

Two completely different labours but same important outcome, healthy baby.

Good luck smile

Allboxedin Sat 08-Oct-11 17:03:24

Thanks hari, don't 'think' I have had any BH at least I can't really feel them if I have. I have had period type pains though down there mainly at night tme.

bumpybecky Sat 08-Oct-11 17:15:32

At 40+3 I had very regular contractions, got as close as every 8 mins, but it was dd1's birthday party and I was not having a baby that day, so ignored it and it went away hmm

Next day was very cross with myself as I'd had enough of being pregnant and wanted that baby out! Tried all sorts of silly things (bumpy car ride, big walk, curry for every meal, even sex!) but no baby sad

At 40+7 I had back ache but put it down to the fact that I'd been sat at the PC all evening in the same chair and seating position. Decided I'd better go to bed at about midnight. By 12.20am had decided that backache was a lot worse, and actually I might be in labour! got up to find very tired DH about to go to bed, got him to call MW who arrived by about 1am. Got in pool once MW arrived, everything all lovely, calm and relaxed. dd2 arrived at 2.50am smile 2nd MW arrived 10 mins later!

2nd labour was best of the 4 smile good luck smile

Wigeon Sat 08-Oct-11 17:24:09

BHs for a week before.

Woke up 7am on 40+2 with more BHs, which seemed to be a bit more painful, eventually decided to get TENS on, turns out the BHs were contractions, then bloody show, then waters started dribbling, decided it was definitely labour, went to hospital 11:30am, DD2 born just over an hour later. Actual labour recorded as only 2hrs 40 mins (from the time we decided the "BHs" were frequent and painful enough to be actual contraction). Labour with DD1 was 10 hours. So it was much much quicker. I think I also coped with the pain better.

Good luck! smile.

TheThunderboltKid Sat 08-Oct-11 17:25:06

Had a sweep at 40+3.

Woke up about 6:30 at 40+4 with a period type feeling. By 6:45 this was distinctive contraction type feeling. DD born about 1:30pm smile

architien Sat 08-Oct-11 17:29:50

Contractions at about 3am every night for a week. Went for a walk the day before and had two strong contractions. On the day I was planting strawberries and my waters broke less than two hours later I had a child suckling a slice or cake cup of tea on the side and I was still wearing the summer dress sat on my sofa. It was hard work but much easier than my first. If is well I'd never go to hospital to have a child now the contrast was so much, but it's a very personal thing.

Allboxedin Sat 08-Oct-11 17:30:33

You all went over then? sad I was a few days early with dd1, so was hoping I might be wth dc2 too!

Did you have to stay in hospital or could you go home fairly soon after? smile

TheThunderboltKid Sat 08-Oct-11 17:58:30

DS born about 10 days early but worth waiting for the much nicer birth experience with DD smile

I could have gone home the same day but actually quite liked staying overnight and getting to know DD on her own a bit first.

Wigeon Sat 08-Oct-11 19:25:43

Well, DD1 was 39+5 and DD2 was 40+2, so in the scheme of things they were pretty much exactly on time.

I stayed in hospital for 6 hours after DD1 was born and 4 hours after DD2 was born grin although both times it was my choice and not because I was being kicked out.

TheRealMBJ Sat 08-Oct-11 19:32:07

Ooh watching this with interest. I'm 38+4 and had DS at 38+6 but was in labour for most of the previous day. I am so ready to have this baby.

Have been having more intense BH, in the evenings especially, all week and noticed that I'm slowly losing bits of my plug today. So things are moving in the right direction. grin

But, knowing my luck we'll be at this for another 2 weeks!

Good luck allboxedin

JumpJockey Sat 08-Oct-11 19:35:35

Waters popped without any prior warning signs, in the middle of the night at 35+4, she was with us (and perfectly healthy) under twelve hours later, including about seven hours of nothing at all as I frantically tried to convince myself this wadn't happening yet...!

PreggoEggo Sat 08-Oct-11 22:34:03

DD1 was 5 days late, 22 hours labour with epidural, 2 hours pushing, episiotomy, ventouse. Contractions started slowly and mild every 15 mins. No prior warning in the days beforehand.

DD2- first contraction 3am (12 days late btw), on a scale of 1-10 (10 being most painful), was about 8/9, contractions every 2/3 mins, 7 minutes of pushing, born 2 hours 23 mins from first contraction so VERY different!! again no signs prior to first contraction.

DD3- eek am scared of another super fast one...!

FeelMyWraith Sat 08-Oct-11 22:38:01

Waters popped in the middle of the night without warning. A mere 38hrs later I had an emcs. <sigh>

DC1 was the same, waters popping late at night, 31hr labour (blue light transfer, episiotomy, ventouse, attempted manual rotation, emcs).

Only difference with 2nd labour was that it was longer.

I'm really crap at giving birth.

Allboxedin Sun 09-Oct-11 17:00:07

You too the real BMJ, I havent lost any plug yet I don't think sad You must be due almost the same day as me?
lol feel, Think I am pretty crap at giving birth too.
This baby is head down but on my right side (ROA) so I am hoping it won't end up another back labour.
Interesting how everyone is so different though, I guess there really is no way of knowing.
I'm ready for this baby to come out now too - exhausted.

Allboxedin Sun 09-Oct-11 17:01:36

preggo, my sster said her 2nd was a lot more intense too although it was quicker, I think she was induced.

NessaRose Sun 09-Oct-11 18:07:08

With ds1( induced) it was 18 and a half hours ending in a EMCS. He was 3 weeks late.

DS2 (natural) was 45 mins start to finish, 3 contractions and 1 push! I made it to hospital with 5 mins to spare. He was born on his due date.

DD (induced) was 4 hours. And was day before due date, ( I had a very big bleed)

Out of my labours DD's was the best. DS1's was to long and DS2's was far to fast.

TheRealMBJ Sun 09-Oct-11 18:18:18

18th October here. You?

Allboxedin Sun 09-Oct-11 18:19:03

19th grin
dd1 - was due on the 18th 2 years ago but came on the 15th!

Allboxedin Sun 09-Oct-11 18:20:28

Nessa - wow 3 weeks late, he really didn't want to budge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now