Talk

Advanced search

Which Maternity Hospital in Surrey to choose?

(5 Posts)
zippyel Thu 06-Oct-11 10:56:58

Hi everyone, we are expecting our first baby in May 2012 and have been reading lots of reviews of where to go to give birth. I would like to be in hospital in case of emergency but am very worried about lack of resources, mid wifes etc. Frimley Green appears to be good?? Also does anyone have any suggestions or comments on having a private dedicated midwife on hand or a private obstetrcian to perform the birth?? Any help or advice much appreciated as it seems ot be a minefield.

VeryLittleGraveEaters Thu 06-Oct-11 13:24:05

I found East Sussex & Surrey hospital (Redhill) very good, couldn't fault them.

I can't really comment on the logistics of having a private OB or midwife. I think they might limit you to one birth companion. For a private Obstetrician you will need to be booked into a private hospital and use one of OBs attached (that's my understanding).

nocake Thu 06-Oct-11 13:36:27

Redhill has a good reputation and has a MW led unit as part of the maternity dept, if you're low risk. The post-natal care isn't bad and there are a couple of private rooms, although you have to pay for and you can't book them so you'd need to ask once you've given birth.

MrsBloodyTroll Sat 08-Oct-11 00:22:52

Frimley has excellent reputation, friends who went there said good things.

I went to Royal Surrey, was very good. Let me know if you have specific questions.

urbandaisy Sun 09-Oct-11 09:58:46

Where in Surrey are you? I gave birth in Kingston recently and it was brilliant, but friends have said similar things about Epsom if you're on the London side of Surrey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now