Talk

Advanced search

How can I get my labour started?

(10 Posts)
apples82 Tue 04-Oct-11 10:07:51

My midwife's view is the baby will come when it is good and ready and not before, but is there anything I can do to entice the little one to get going?

I'm 2/5 engaged, taking raspberry leaf tea tablets, having long walks each day, sitting on my ball etc.

Is there anything else I can be doing???

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Tue 04-Oct-11 10:11:31

Nipple tweaking (sorry if TMI) worked for me. I nearly got RSI in my thumbs though grin. Be prepared to do it for long stretches (I'm talking half an hour). It was good for those moments when the contractions stopped, too - a bit of tweaking got it going again.

AWimbaWay Tue 04-Oct-11 10:16:23

I was going to say long hilly walks, but see you've tried that! I walked for about 4 miles with my 2nd and 3rd dcs, went into labour a few hours later with both.

Good luck, when are/were you due? Let us know if something works.

Seeline Tue 04-Oct-11 10:26:16

Fresh pineapple - I'm convinced that's what finally set me off. I was 12 days overdue and desperate to avoid being induced. Ate about half of one (blush) but it did seem to do the trick!
Good luck

thereisalightanditnevergoesout Tue 04-Oct-11 13:00:05

That's lucky, Seeline, I had read that you need to eat 7 pineapples for it to have that effect!!

apples82 Tue 04-Oct-11 16:00:32

I thought that you had to eat that many pineapples too!

Oh well, guess i'm off to buy a pineapple grin

xlatia Tue 04-Oct-11 16:18:00

apples82, don't overdo it with the pineapples though, too many will give you the runs (something to do with the acid i think), and that's the last thing you want during labour

lollystix Tue 04-Oct-11 17:24:57

Sex - not pleasant but it does work

Tempingmaniac Tue 04-Oct-11 17:47:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mumblejumble Wed 05-Oct-11 15:29:25

I keep threatening to go into labour every time I tackle housework. Sorted out the kids clothes today, deciding what to give to charity, what to keep for hand me downs, etc. Had contractions afterwards lasting two hours, coming every five minutes. I'm 36 weeks now, and have seriously begun wondering if I should just go for a good long walk to see if it works. Would it be too early do you think? Baby has gone very quiet too.
Knowing my luck I will probably go over hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now