Talk

Advanced search

Desperate to go into labour

(10 Posts)
gluttom Sat 01-Oct-11 21:16:30

40+3 and know I'm not the only one so desperate but I have a 2 and 3 year old who need their normal mummy back and it us sooo hot. So far I gave
Eaten curry
Walked miles and miles
Had 2 sweeps
Accupuncture

Half of me knows i need to wait to be induced in 6 days like I was before and not think about it but DH is being impatient now too

Sex - DH is up for it but I can't bring myself to it - I have put on 3 stone, have been losing bits of my plug every day and my bush needs tidying up but don't really want to as use a razor and did it before labour last time and it was itchy with my stitches etc.

Any other tips - i think i don't have the right hormones to labour spontaneously.

gluttom Sat 01-Oct-11 21:22:29

I'm actually 40+4 today - how did I lose that day when I think about it every second!

TheRealMBJ Sat 01-Oct-11 21:23:53

Nipple tweaking?

If you have a breast pump, you can use that as it gives excellent stimulation.

Iggly Sat 01-Oct-11 21:26:11

Ive only had one DC, 8 days late. I was climbing the Walls by the end.
The night I went into labour, DH and I went for a walk and I spent the evening looking at old pictures - it was like I mentally relaxed. I could be wrong but I think it helped. I had tried all the other stuff to no avail!

TheRealMBJ Sat 01-Oct-11 21:26:16

I'm 37+5 and we are going for the sex route, DH is very happy as I've been holding out a bit the last few weeks as I was worried I'd go into preterm labour. grin

Oh, what about pineapple? Isn't that supposed to bring on labour too?

gluttom Sat 01-Oct-11 21:26:21

Thanks may try that - got it all ready the other day.

TheRealMBJ Sat 01-Oct-11 21:27:39

Some useful tips here

gluttom Sat 01-Oct-11 21:27:40

I really think relaxing is the key but I feel so antsy.

LikeACandleButNotQuite Sat 01-Oct-11 21:43:19

liter of pinapple juice, glug of castor oil, walk around the block. Bam!

cookcleanerchaufferetc Sun 02-Oct-11 20:17:17

Watch a really funny film .... I am convinced that is what started mine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now