Talk

Advanced search

Blood tests - platelets etc.

(6 Posts)
catgirl2 Wed 28-Sep-11 19:05:25

Just wondered if anyone knows anything about this. I remember in a recent midwife appointment her saying something about my results not having come back / her not having the results from the 28 week bloods. Since then it's not been mentioned again and I wondered if I should bring it up? She strikes me as slightly forgetful and just want to make sure she's not forgotten to check them or anything. Did everyone else have their midwife comment on / share results of blood tests or do they only mention if there is a concern?

Don't want to annoy midwife by 'checking up' on / chasing her!

Thanks

Allboxedin Wed 28-Sep-11 19:12:32

No, if you feel you want to check it out, do it, it won't do any harm.

strawberrie Wed 28-Sep-11 22:07:51

Our arrangement was that the midwife would only get in contact with you if the blood results showed anything unusual, so no news was good news, but at the subsequent appointment she would file a copy of the results into my notes - if you haven't got another appointment for a while there would be no harm in you phoning to double check she's received the results.

catgirl2 Thu 29-Sep-11 07:42:57

Thank you both, think I will mention to be sure smile

dribbleface Thu 29-Sep-11 08:03:45

i would mention it, when my results were a concern the doctor contacted me directly, but the follow up test i chased and the problem has got worse.

Withwoman Fri 30-Sep-11 14:16:07

Ring your GP, the results should be on their system too. It is i mportant that your red blood cells don't drop too low. The 28 week bloods are partly to check these levels, to ascertain whether or not you need iron tablets.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now