Talk

Advanced search

Post epidural back pain??

(6 Posts)
Raven78 Wed 28-Sep-11 08:29:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

marykat2004 Wed 28-Sep-11 20:58:16

two and half years exactly and I have no scar now, no pain. I had pain at the injection site, too, and around, and had C Section like you had. Sorry to say it takes so long. There might be exercise you could do but I remember quite clearly 2 1/2 years.... but this is your second..? hmm.

Ushy Wed 28-Sep-11 22:11:39

Ask for a referral to see a consultant anaesthetist, Raven. It is probably nothing but there is a rare condition that leads to compression of the cauda equina or nerve bundles. (I only know this from a litigation case not the medical side). It is incredibly rare (I think about 1 in 50,000) but I can't believe most anaesthetists would be happy not to get an MRI scan in these circumstances. You can't see anything by looking at the site as the obstetrician did and the average obstetrician is unlikely to see more than one case in their career so the chances of this even being on their watch list is remote. (In the highly unlikely event it is this, it is treatable.). Perhaps there might be an anaesthetist on these pages who could suggest what to do or could be a bit more informative about whether there are more common reasons for this problem. Good luck anyway!

Raven78 Fri 30-Sep-11 19:37:18

Ushy Fri 30-Sep-11 23:05:18

Sorry Raven hope I didn't worry you because the nerve bundle problem is very treatable and it is vanishingly rare. I just think it is better to err on the safe side. Good luck with the boob lump on Monday - very worrying for you but I bet it turns out just to be a blocked duct - I think that's quite common. Let us know how you get on. Take care!

Raven78 Sat 01-Oct-11 15:49:47

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now