Talk

Advanced search

twin breech birth

(10 Posts)
lateatwork Tue 27-Sep-11 23:08:56

just wanted to know if anyone has had a vaginal delivery with twins where both twins are breech?

BagofHolly Tue 27-Sep-11 23:27:22

Heyyy! Weren't you on the Assisted Conception thread? Hope congrats are in order!

My lower twin was transverse, so I had ELCS. TBH I'd be astonished if you were "allowed" a known breech VB even with a singleton, let alone with twins. Hope all is well! x

GibberingGinger Wed 28-Sep-11 21:06:11

twin1 was breech and twin2 head down and I was recommended for a c-section. I was quite happy to accept that, so I don't know how much I would have had to persuade them to do it vaginally. From most of the stuff I've read I think they tend to go for c-section if twin1 is breech.

zimm Fri 30-Sep-11 15:57:44

My grandma did in 1956. And she only learned they were twins 2 hours before they were due - let alone they were breach. Her labour was 2 hours long...first babies! Went on to have 3 more.

SuchFunSuchFun Fri 30-Sep-11 17:18:55

I've got a breech singleton and "they" are reluctant at the moment to let me go for VB with just one, so I strongly suspect they would recomend ELCS for breech twins.

How far gone are you though? I'm 35+6 and I'll be checked again next week as apparently they can still turn.

whackamole Sun 02-Oct-11 13:10:37

I know my hospital would not have wanted me to try. I'm not sure I wanted to either though TBH!

How far along are you? I was induced and had my 2 at 36 weeks, they turned fairly near to the end IIRC so there is still hope.

PorkChopSter Sun 02-Oct-11 13:35:02

My midwife's sister, delivered (deliberately) by my midwife at home.

lateatwork Tue 04-Oct-11 03:43:29

hi! thanks for the feedack (waves to Holly too!!)

i had the babies on friday by c section- i really wanted to go natural, but was being advised that as both breech AND smallest twin presenting first, best to go for section. I was 38 weeks 1 day- so too late for them to turn (they were both also over 6 lb..).. just wanted to see if anyone had experienced a natural birth in this scenario....

thanks!

BagofHolly Tue 04-Oct-11 06:55:18

Wow! MASSSSIVE congratulations! Hope it's all going well for you! I have to admit that after the euphoria wore off, the early days were the hardest of my life! Hope you have lots of support, and have met other twin mums in your area. PM me anytime! x x x x

SuchFunSuchFun Tue 04-Oct-11 15:04:42

Congratulations!! Glad everything went well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now