Talk

Advanced search

When did your 'twinges' become proper contractions in your 2nd labour?

(9 Posts)
findmeintheflowerbed Tue 27-Sep-11 20:37:47

Am nearly a week overdue with DC2. Been having back pains on and off all day today, but they have been going on intermittently for about a week now. Just sitting here thinking they are actually getting a bit painful, and maybe more frequent...but I also feel quite bloated and a bit sick, and for once, not at all hungry. Just feel generally 'blah' in my whole bump area.

Just wondered when you were sure it was for real with your second labour - I mean I am assuming I will know when I can class these as contractions for real because I have done this before...or maybe not and I will suddenly need to push and it will be too late. shock

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Wed 28-Sep-11 20:11:38

You sound like me 16 weeks ago!

I had back pains coming and going for weeks, and had a couple of false starts. I was worried I wouldn't recognise the signs too.

Then I had my first proper contraction and thought "oh yes I do remember", well a bit more sweary but you get the gist.

Lost my appetite totally though with both of mine just before labour, so figers crossed it's nearly time!

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Wed 28-Sep-11 20:29:49

I was overdue by 10 days before labour started with my DS2 and I didn;t have any twinges or anything really. Started at around 6pm with period like pains and then they were coming thick and fast by 9pm.

It certainly kicked off much more quickly second time around, and you won't be doubting it when it does come - I promise you!

Good Luck!

Boobz Thu 29-Sep-11 14:46:21

Twinges during the night, but petered out so I could sleep, then more regular twinges from about 8am - 9am and then by 9:30am I knew they were contractions and got the tens machine on. Baby born at 6pm that night.

HTH.

debka Thu 29-Sep-11 20:36:53

When my waters broke! DD2 was born 45 minutes later grin

MrsJasonBourne Thu 29-Sep-11 21:00:41

I felt really blah all day, from about six in the morning, just generally tired and achy and under the weather. Thought I was having slight braxton hicks in the afternoon. Felt so shit by teatime that I rang the hospital to ask if I could come in just for a check-up as I wasn't due for another two weeks.

Contractions came on thick and fast and dd2 was born later that evening!

When the contractions start, you'll know. You'll say 'oh yeah, I remember that excruciating agony, it's a contraction all right!'

Good luck!

findmeintheflowerbed Fri 30-Sep-11 04:35:42

thanks all, yes it did become clear when they were real contractions!
DS born thursday morning. smile

ThatsNotMyBabyBelly Fri 30-Sep-11 08:30:12

Congratulations!!

MrsJasonBourne Fri 30-Sep-11 21:22:40

Oh congratulations!

How bizarre to think that I was writing my post and you'd already had your little boy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now