Talk

Advanced search

Well today's the day...

(13 Posts)
Irishclaire Tue 27-Sep-11 08:49:58

40 weeks today and have a midwife appointment at 3, hoping she will offer me a membrane sweep, don't think I can wait until 41 weeks, I want to get things moving now.....

SpottyTeacakes Tue 27-Sep-11 09:30:34

Exciting! I has a sweep at 36 weeks and dd was born the next day (I did have ARM/synto drip etc but had been contracting for a few hours before due to the sweep).

Let us know what the midwife says, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer now

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 09:46:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Irishclaire Tue 27-Sep-11 11:24:22

I have had no signs, not even one BH...but I am so huge, measuring about 44cm and I am not overweight so I need this baby out, can only walk a little bit and I am out of breath...hope you get your sweep tomorrow yummymango and it works for you, I would really like to avoid induction too, lets keep our fingers crossed : ) I will let ye know how I get on....

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 14:37:12

PamBeesly Tue 27-Sep-11 14:59:12

Good luck Claire hope the baby doesn't keep you waiting too long smile

Irishclaire Tue 27-Sep-11 18:34:34

Hi
Well no sweep...., she booked me in for one next Tuesday if I haven't gone by then, she didn't offer one and I didn't push it as I kinda of hope it happens naturally, but I think if I am still here next week, I will go for it. Baby is in a good position for labour though so lets hope he/she decides to come out before next week : ) Good luck tomorrow

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 18:48:30

hauntyharry Tue 27-Sep-11 19:27:08

How strong are the period type pains? That is what I got when i went into labour but had had slight pains for a couple weeks before. When I properly went into labour they were much stronger but I wouldn't believe I was in labour and kept denying it! I was also told my baby was in a good postion for labour only to find out 10 mins before she was born that she was breech! What a story that will be for her growing up! I hope your babies come soon and all is well!

Irishclaire Wed 28-Sep-11 12:48:28

Oooh, let's hope it's labour and if you decide on the sweep it may help you along, I would find that a dilemma if that happens to me next week, I wouldn't know whether to have the sweep or not....Good luck : )

yummymango Sat 01-Oct-11 09:12:03

PamBeesly Sat 01-Oct-11 13:04:47

Congratulations yummy and what an inspired name (same as mine without the h) grin glad you are back home with her now.

Good luck to Claire too!

Irishclaire Mon 03-Oct-11 06:51:14

Congratulations...beautiful name, I am still waiting...definately having sweep tomorrow if nothing has happened by then, best of luck with everything : )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now