Talk

Advanced search

Birth Centre Tooting

(11 Posts)
modo Tue 27-Sep-11 05:07:20

Does anyone have any contacts for the Birth Centre? The Website in down and the phone number doesn't work sad

These are the details I found on google:

37 Coverton Road
London SW17 0QW
020 7820 6661

http://www.birthcentre.com/

Tried calling but it doesn't even ring.

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 08:12:46

It's closed down.....

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 08:14:18

There was another thread on this a couple of weeks ago:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childbirth/a1299926-Whatever-happened-to-the-Birth-Centre-at-Tooting

modo Tue 27-Sep-11 08:14:29

Oh no sad It's the nearest one to me. When did it close down?

yummymango Tue 27-Sep-11 08:22:05

I think it was at the end of last year from what I can gather.
I am having my baby at St Georges - you can't go private but they have a nice midwife led centre there.

notcitrus Tue 27-Sep-11 08:56:59

It looked closed when I went past recently.
The midwife-led unit at St Georges is lovely, and all the antenatal and delivery staff I encountered (at least 50 in the end, got transferred to del suite and ended up in theatre though avoided a cs) were great.

herethereandeverywhere Tue 27-Sep-11 09:54:30

My SIL had her DD at the midwife led unit at St Georges in July. Newly refurbished, she raved about it. Calm waterbirth and home about 5 hours later!

Withwoman Tue 27-Sep-11 11:31:11

http://www.independentmidwives.org.uk/

This is the IM-UK website.

eurochick Tue 27-Sep-11 13:38:51

I posted the earlier thread on this. With a bit of googling I found that some of the midwives from there are now on this website:

www.phoenixindependentmidwives.co.uk/

I am sad that the birth centre has gone. I HATE hospitals and always thought that is where I would give birth. sad

Withwoman Fri 30-Sep-11 14:18:56

In that case you should consider having a homebirth. Your care will be no different at home than in a Midwifery led unit.

GirlWithTheMouseyHair Fri 30-Sep-11 15:16:17

st george's and st thomas's both offer homebirths with their community midwife teams. if you live in swsixteen then go to tommies and ask to be looked after by the Valley team...they are AMAZING

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now