Talk

Advanced search

for anyone considering having or being a birth partner......

(7 Posts)
mad4mainecoons Mon 26-Sep-11 16:54:37

DO IT, DO IT!!
Last night i was a birth partner for my best friend, she wanted a homebirth but due to a shortage of midwives we were setting off for hospital!
as we were leaving she decided she needed the loo....

you know whats coming next.......

her DH "caught" baby while she lent on me for support!

i saw that baby take its first breath!! it was so fab, and thankfully, so calm and simple. everyone was fine and it was utterly brilliant smile

and when it was all over i cuddled baby while mum was in the bath and she opened her eyes! i was the first person in the whole world that she saw smile

so yes, i have seen my friend in all stages of undress and parts of her anatomy that i never imagined i would! but at the time its simply not an issue and its was so amazing.

Dh's and DP's are good but best friends as birth partners rock! we have now seen each others babies born and it has given us a much closer bond smile

im still floating and i thought i would share the happiness grin

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 26-Sep-11 22:27:34

That's lovely, thanks for sharing.

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 26-Sep-11 23:02:56

Absolutly amazing experience isnt it!!!

Thats why i became a Birth Doula all those years ago - i find the whole thing utterly amazing and beautiful and it is an absolute privilege do do my job!

Thank you for sharing your story.

Victoria.x

FormbyDoula Tue 27-Sep-11 17:59:09

How lovely! Well done you.

I'm currently on call for my first ever birth doula client and I can't wait to see her baby come into the world smile

FIFIBEBE Tue 27-Sep-11 18:03:51

I loved being with my best friend when her son (my God son ) was born 14 years ago, one of the highlights of my life. I remember everything except her lack of clothing if that helps anybody.

Aw, it's lovely isn't it? I have seen 6 of my friends babies into the world and feel very privileged to have done so.

100years Sun 02-Oct-11 15:24:07

Oh yes, I saw my nieces being born and last month my sister saw her niece (my daughter) being born smile Amazing experience for me when I saw them being born, and for her seeing my LO being born. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now