Talk

Advanced search

2nd labours - advise please

(9 Posts)
dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 14:20:56

Hi,

38+4 with DC2, not sure if i over did it cleaning the bathroom but been having some very strong pains, but they are/were quite close together, seem to have calmed a bit now.

Did your second labours start quicker/stronger than 1st. With DS1 i had mild contractions every 10-20mins for 3 days before anything happened?

debka Sat 24-Sep-11 14:28:14

I was induced both times but both times my waters broke by themselves and after that they were intervention free.

DD1 waters- birth 11 hrs

DD2 waters- birth 45 minutes grin

So be warned!

lisad123 Sat 24-Sep-11 14:29:45

Had a few days of pains on and off before full labour with dd2

dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 14:31:47

been having evening pains for weeks, and some pains on and off. Things have settled a bit, i actually panicked a bit back there blush. Have a feeling things might kick off soon though.

ParkerRocks Sat 24-Sep-11 14:34:32

First labour was 17 hours, long and arduous!
Second labour was 7 hours start to finish and was a breeze in comparison!
With the second I did have pains on and off for a week before the real pains started! Good luck!

pootlebug Sat 24-Sep-11 19:19:40

My 2nd was longer start-to-finish than my first. The pushing bit was shorter though.

dribbleface Sat 24-Sep-11 19:48:11

all gone quiet so guess i overdid the cleaning!

GalaxyWeaver Sun 25-Sep-11 23:31:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dribbleface Mon 26-Sep-11 07:35:57

galaxy- thanks for your experiences. i think that's my main worry, with DS it was a long process and i worry that this time i might be too laid back and leave it late! had some bad pains again, at my check yesterday baby had engaged so maybe that's what it was all about. want to meet this baby!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now