Share your Birth Plans(7 Posts)
ive seen this on another site and found it really useful especially for first timers like myself!
I don't really have a plan yet firstly cos if my placenta hasn't moved I'll be having a cs and I won't find that out til 10/10.
If natural I'd like to use the pool, tens, gas & air, natal hypnotherapy in a nice calm environment!!
I haven't thought about being cut v tearing or the assisted options...
Maybe you'd care to share your past plans or future plans and reasons why...
I had a plan for my first which had a lot of what you have mentioned...but then due to pre-eclampsia I had to throw a lot of it out of the window. So I am just going to see what comes this time.
Sorry probably not quite what you wanted.
I an the same I'm afraid. My first birth plan was going for a natural birth but after induction as I was overdue i ended up having a EMCS. I didn't write a plan for my second but think it is still a good idea to think about it so you have an idea of what you would like but just don't be disappointed it you have to forget all about it once you are in labour
No hospital unless medical emergency arises during pregnancy or labour.
No induction. EMCS if baby needs to come out.
Was induced at 40+15 with DD, ended up with Synto drip, CFM, epidural, episiotomy, forceps, 3a tear, PPH and MROP. I booked in with the MW for DC2 last weekend, was told the consultants wanted me to deliver at the CLU again due to high risk factors. I told her they could want all they liked, this time I am having a home birth unless a medical issue arises related to this pregnancy. The more intervention you have, the more likely you are to have a PPH - if I don't go to hospital, the likelihood of intervention at home is pretty much nil.
If there is a problem this time, then they can get DC2 out straight away, I won't consent to induction as the chance of the cascade of intervention starting is too great for me to risk again - forceps with a previous 3a tear? No thanks.
Fliss -I enjoyed your name by the way... although the best and most rude spoonerism I've come across has still to be 'Cunning Stunt'- it sounds like you had a really rough time. I don't understand half of your acronyms but it sounds like your epidural was really necessary.
I'm going into this for the first time and have just been given the hard sell by my mid-wife to opt for our local birthing centre instead of the hospital. Having had an epidural last time are you not afraid of not having the option of one this time? I'd be interested in your views. The midwife said I could always transfer if I really wasn't coping with the pain but still, it's half an hour away at least and then I'd have to wait and see if the anaesthetist was free.
Sorry - PPH is post partum haemmorrage and MROP is manual removal of placenta.
Not in the slightest bit worried about not having an epidural this time. I didn't want one last time (planned to have a homebirth and only went in as DD wasn't budging) and was tooting away on entonox.
After 6 hours of contractions at full whack I was only 3cm dilated still (was 2cm on arrival!) and the MW said I was going to be another 12 hours with contractions of the same intensity, did I want to consider an epidural? She did say that in normal circumstances I would have been fine on G&A. And I think she was right, if it had only been a couple more hours then I'd have carried on as I was, but the thought of another 12 hours was too much.
Syntocinon doesn't allow the body to have the normal hormonal response to labour and you don't release endorphins in the same way, and no gradual build up of contractions over a matter of hours. It's pretty much full-on from the start.
DD was born almost exactly 12 hours after the MW suggested the epidural, she was bang on the money!
CFM is continuous foetal monitoring - so you're basically stuck on a bed with monitors strapped around you following the baby's heart rate.
Join the discussion
Please login first.