Talk

Advanced search

feeling really panicky, 40 + 1

(10 Posts)
iskra Sat 17-Sep-11 18:27:10

I'm 40 + 1 with DC2, getting stronger contractions than just Braxton Hicks - couldn't sleep through them last night. Feeling panicked every time they come, worried about labour & coping with it all, feeling really unprepared & unready. DP working nights at the moment which really, really doesn't help - can only call him home in an emergency.

Just looking for words of wisdom, support, mantras... Argh.

pixiestix Sat 17-Sep-11 18:29:20

You will be fine! And in a few days time this will all be behind you and you will be holding your squidgy newborn.

Can you do some slow breathing in between contractions and try to empty your mind?

SinicalSal Sat 17-Sep-11 18:30:59

Is there someone you can call to be with you/ look after dc1?

I don't blame you for being overwhelmed but you have doen this before and you know how wonderful the result is!

My nan said every pain only comes once and brings you nearer. Which does make sense if you think about it <Shamelessly trying 'distract' technique on iskra>

scarlettsmummy2 Sat 17-Sep-11 18:36:40

you will be absolutely fine- just think, you will get to hold your baby soon!

iskra Sun 18-Sep-11 08:09:29

Thanks for your messages! They cheered me up last night. My mum came over & we called Dp home in time for 2.5 hrs of active labour. Baby girl, 3.9kg, no name!

pinkytheshrinky Sun 18-Sep-11 08:12:51

when i saw this i thought - hmmm slightly panicky means something is happening.

Well done you and congratulations on the birth of your daughter

Flisspaps Sun 18-Sep-11 08:57:47

Congratulations smile

pixiestix Sun 18-Sep-11 09:06:51

Congratulations, lovely news!

SinicalSal Sun 18-Sep-11 10:40:13

Congratulations Iskra that's fab!

CharlotteBronteSaurus Mon 19-Sep-11 12:15:17

congratulations, brilliant news. glad DP made it home in time smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now