Talk

Advanced search

Is this it? Any advice would be great.

(8 Posts)
MissTriangle Fri 16-Sep-11 20:17:11

Sorry - I am sure this has been asked before millions of times. But...
I am 40+7 with my first and so have zero idea what to expect. I had a sweep on Monday, which other than leave me a bit crampy did nothing. But then had a bloody show on Wednesday.
Have been having intermittent back pain for last couple of hours. It is about every 10 mins now lasting about 20 secs. Pain is a dull crampy pain.
I know baby is back to back - but presumed if labour was starting I would get some pain over the bump. It can't all be in me back... Can it?

Just wondering what people thought. I haven't told hubby yet as don't want him flying into a blind panic. We are hoping for a homebirth so really trying to avoid having to be induced next week!

ExpensivePants Fri 16-Sep-11 20:18:12

Sounds promising... smile

dustyhousewithdustypeople Fri 16-Sep-11 20:20:12

It does sound like it! Good luck and stay strong.

vigglewiggle Fri 16-Sep-11 20:20:16

Empty your bladder and get walking sideways up the stairs. It sounds like your baby may be on it's way and may be back to back. This will help get things going and may help your baby to turn.

Good luck!

EggyAllenPoe Fri 16-Sep-11 20:22:26

sounds like the start, if baby is back-to -back you may find postures where you lean forwards help (eg on all fours)

gets out pom-poms - though of course, if you can sleep tonight, get all the sleep you can...

MissTriangle Fri 16-Sep-11 20:31:01

Oooh thanks everyone! Heard about back labour but never thought it could all be in your back. Definitely not what I was expecting. But it is crippling me already! Am off to crab walk up the stairs and then pretend to polish my floorboards! X

lollystix Fri 16-Sep-11 23:38:54

Make sure you stay upright and active. Don't go lying down (unless you want a sleep of course). Get on all fours or over a ball as you really want him to turn. Good luck.

snice Fri 16-Sep-11 23:41:12

i had very little pain in the bump with back to back labour-it was all in the back
(actually felt as if it was all in my rectum tbh)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now