Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

ovulating 2 weeks after child birth?

(7 Posts)
davidtennantsmistress Wed 14-Sep-11 13:05:48

is that possible/ i'm exclusively BF on demand, but today have had what can only be described as EWCM discharge, i'm still bleeding on/off from having DS2, but it comes and goes depending on what i've done that day. he's 17 days old today.

any thoughts is it possible? with DS 1 I was 4 months before I started having a cycle again but then again with DS2 it was a straight forward birth with no interventions.

Pang Wed 14-Sep-11 14:09:24

It is absolutely possible! I have a friend who was also bfing yet became pregnant 4 weeks [shoked] after giving birth.

Pang Wed 14-Sep-11 14:10:06

[shocked]

Boosaphena Wed 14-Sep-11 17:05:57

I thought you ovulated at the time of giving birth, although I have nothing to back that up and no idea where I heard it from. The only thing I can substantiate it with is that the timing of my returned af coincided with that theory. I do remember having alot of discharge after tho.

serendipity16 Wed 14-Sep-11 18:26:31

Once your hcg levels get back down to 0, i would have thought your body starts the process of maturing an egg & you ovulating.
Not 100% on that though.

davidtennantsmistress Fri 16-Sep-11 07:53:48

god 4 weeks later? poor DP is lucky for a cuddle never mind a bit of the other! lol. thanks will keep an eye on it as bleeding seems to have started again so might just be dscharge.

Purplebuns Tue 20-Sep-11 13:29:29

I had my first period about 4 weeks after birth and then regular cycles after this, so it is possible but very unusal.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now