Talk

Advanced search

does it really hurt that much also hi

(48 Posts)
cindybextor Wed 14-Sep-11 04:07:39

well firt of all hi as u can see my names cindy lol. im pregnant now at 18 but i know its what iv always wanted to do and ive got the support of my mum (bethany) and my stepdad (tyrone) also my exbf said hed pay child supprt plus take it out on trips n stuff when it gets older. 1 thing i need to now is does the paid realy hurt that much as ive heard or shold i get a sezarian?

thanks for the support in adnance and i know we will all be best of pals :0

somanymiles Wed 14-Sep-11 06:03:50

Congratulations! Childbirth is an incredible experience and different every tome. Most women find it a very intense experience. I like to compare it to an extreme sport... Maybe painful, may be hard work, may be scary, but also exhilarating, incredible and amazing! If you are worried about pain during childbirth ask your midwife or doctor about the different pain relief options available to you. Many women get an epidural which numbs you from the waist down. Other natural Odin relievers are taking a warm bath and massage.

broomformychin Wed 14-Sep-11 06:34:21

You can only really get a cesarean if there's a medical reason why you can't have a vaginal birth. Obviously it is painful but there are things you can do to try and cope with it, water birth, tens machine, gas and air. Personally I ended up having an epdiural because I had quite a long labor. Make a birth plan, it might help you understand what options you can consider but try not to dwell on how much it might hurt and try and enjoy your pregnancy. Congratulations.

Finallygotaroundtoit Wed 14-Sep-11 06:47:59

Cindy, if it's really you, you may want to remove names from your post hmm

Sausagesarenottheonlyfruit Wed 14-Sep-11 06:51:31

hmm 2/10

coccyx Wed 14-Sep-11 06:54:27

Yes, it bloody hurts

Tortoiseonthehalfshell Wed 14-Sep-11 06:56:28

Caesarian is abdominal surgery. With stitches and anaesthesia and a recovery period. It's not a painless alternative.

broomformychin Wed 14-Sep-11 07:25:50

Sausages is this one of those threads? It did make me go hmm but wanted to be helpful just in case?

HoneyPablo Wed 14-Sep-11 07:34:44

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

Jill72 Wed 14-Sep-11 07:43:31

mmmmm! odd

DaydreamDolly Wed 14-Sep-11 07:47:12

No no it doesn't hurt at all, it's great fun. It'll probably all be over in 10 minutes and you can get back to Jeremy Kyle.

Moodykat Wed 14-Sep-11 08:00:15

Somany- I love the extreme sport comparison. So true.

cindybextor Wed 14-Sep-11 13:23:07

well thanks to those who responded nicly, i know my spelling isnt good but thats becuse i have dyslexia. atleast i have the support of a loving family which is more than most teen moms and alot of mums altogether.

WhatsWrongWithYou Wed 14-Sep-11 13:29:08

Good luck Cindy grin.

LDNmummy Wed 14-Sep-11 14:20:40

biscuit

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 14-Sep-11 14:23:52

<passes round Pombears>

breatheslowly Wed 14-Sep-11 15:46:03

The thing that amazes me about childbirth is that for all of these years women have been lying about it and saying that it hurts. It has now been scientifically proven that the lies are an evolutionary behaviour designed to put other women off having children so that there is less competition between children for scarce resources. So don't worry, whatever you have heard about birth being painful is just lies. And if you are considering having more than one baby by cesarean they can now put a zipper in so that you don't need surgery every time - just ask your midwife if your local hospital is one that offers this.

onehellofaride Wed 14-Sep-11 15:52:04

I've had 2 ELCS and they were a complete walk in the park hmm

GiantUnderCrackers Wed 14-Sep-11 15:53:25

(confused)

GiantUnderCrackers Wed 14-Sep-11 15:56:43

ooops that didn't work! I am confused and sceptical.

Good luck Cindy - it does hurt any way you choose to give birth.

sjuperwolef Wed 14-Sep-11 16:03:22

giving birth is easy hun smile all this talk of blood and pain and stitches you poor thing having heard all those lies about it musta been scary huh? dont worry i had mine and was out again and giving them fruitshoots within the hour lolz smile

onehellofaride Wed 14-Sep-11 16:14:38

sjuper grin

SayCoolNowSayWhip Wed 14-Sep-11 16:17:17

Sjupes and breatheslowly grin

When I gave birth I just sneezed and DD popped out. She then learnt how to bf IMMEDIATELY and slept through the night from day 1. hmm

ripstheirthroatoutliveupstairs Wed 14-Sep-11 16:18:04

Me too, I had a planned casarian and discharged myself the next day. I would have gone home the same day but pulling my catheter out was a bit painful. Not too bad obviously, your wee hole is a different one to your fanny birthing hole.
I honeslty wouldn't worry too much Cindy, don't listen to the nasty people that tell you your body isn't your own afterwards, if you do opt for the zip or just the plain casarian, you'll keep your baby making equipment in tip top tight condition.

sjuperwolef Wed 14-Sep-11 16:26:05

wolefs - grin

my baby making stuffs sealed right back up after my birth my boyfreind was sooo happy we were at it like rabbits the same night once the baby was sleeping - as soon as we put it down!

i would love a zip envy i think you should go for that one cindy smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now