Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Trainee Doulas

(12 Posts)
Allboxedin Mon 12-Sep-11 21:26:52

I am thinking about getting a trainee doula for the birth as my dh won't be with me and as it approaches not sure if I want to do it alone.
How much would a trainee doula cost for the birth and where can I find one?
If anyone is reading this as a Doula, I am in North London.

squiggleywiggler Mon 12-Sep-11 22:11:34

Hi

I'm a doula (though not a trainee any more).

The doula will charge maximum £200 (some less than this) and that will include all expenses, antenatal visits, the on call period, the birth and postnatal visits.

Best place to find one is www.doula.org.uk though feel free to PM me your due date and location as I know some lovely ones locally.

Lots of general birth/doula info of my website www.hackneydoula.co.uk

Sounds like it would be nice to have some extra support!

NorthLondonDoulas Tue 13-Sep-11 00:31:46

Hi there,

I am a Birth Doula based in North London... Trainees charge up to £200 for their expenses and qualified doulas charge any thing between £400 - £900 depending on their experience, if they work for an agency or what packages they have to offer etc.

Even if you do not end up using a Doula, if you would like any support or help with general pregnancy & labour questions i would be happy to do my best to offer you my knowledge and support. Please feel free to either PM me or drop me an email at Victoria@northlondondoulas.co.uk and i will do my best to help.

Congratulations!

Kind regards,

Victoria.x

Allboxedin Tue 13-Sep-11 07:26:38

Thankyou very much both. I don't think I can afford a fully trained Doula at present but will have a look at the website. It is my second child and will be on the labour ward as being consultant led. x

squiggleywiggler Tue 13-Sep-11 13:19:48

Don't worry I wasn't advertising grin - I'm pretty booked up till March grin grin but my blog has some useful bits and bobs on it and I'm always happy to try and help you find a local trainee.

Allboxedin Tue 13-Sep-11 17:40:06

Thanks squiggley, I did ask anyway!! grin

ALotToTakeIn Wed 14-Sep-11 08:55:47

I've done the same and hired a trainee doula as I couldn't afford any more. She is lovely and even though I still have 5 weeks to go has already more than proved her worth in terms of support and information.

Allboxedin Wed 14-Sep-11 16:15:14

I have 5 weeks too Alottotakein! smile

ALotToTakeIn Wed 14-Sep-11 20:01:27

When are you due then? I'm due 24th October, can't wait!

Allboxedin Wed 14-Sep-11 20:06:53

19th Alot. Is it your first?

ALotToTakeIn Wed 14-Sep-11 20:46:13

yes, how about you?

Allboxedin Wed 14-Sep-11 20:48:02

it's second, DH wants to babysit for dd!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now